Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

vintagemotif 11-15-2010 03:14 PM

Like this "root beer brown"?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2060346838.html

Originally Posted by hazeljane
I'm thinking about sending her to Billy to get a custom coat. Need to find out how much- maybe next year. Wouldn't she be pretty in a shimmery root beer brown? And she'd be ALL mine.

Originally Posted by BoJangles

My new 15-91! this is my Christmas present from my husband. $60. on Craigslist with the cabinet. I took all of the advice I have been given and bought this 15-91. Over the phone, the woman said yes, it had some extra feet. It actually has a zig-zagger and button-holer as well as lots of extra feet. And the cabinet is in amazing condition.

For all of you experts, what year was she made? AL 342599.

She has quite a bit of paint loss- she has been used. These pictures are exactly as I got her- she has not been cleaned up or oiled or anything yet.

Your machine is beautiful -- and sometimes a little decal loss is not a bad thing! I have some absolutely beautiful machines with the decals almost perfect! I don't use those machine to sew with, instead I use the ones with the not so perfect decals! Happy sewing!

Nancy

hazeljane 11-15-2010 04:00 PM

Yep. I love shimmery brown. I have the third brown car I've had in my life, and I love her too, when she's clean.

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

I'm thinking about sending her to Billy to get a custom coat. Need to find out how much- maybe next year. Wouldn't she be pretty in a shimmery root beer brown? And she'd be ALL mine.

Originally Posted by BoJangles

My new 15-91! this is my Christmas present from my husband. $60. on Craigslist with the cabinet. I took all of the advice I have been given and bought this 15-91. Over the phone, the woman said yes, it had some extra feet. It actually has a zig-zagger and button-holer as well as lots of extra feet. And the cabinet is in amazing condition.

For all of you experts, what year was she made? AL 342599.

She has quite a bit of paint loss- she has been used. These pictures are exactly as I got her- she has not been cleaned up or oiled or anything yet.

Your machine is beautiful -- and sometimes a little decal loss is not a bad thing! I have some absolutely beautiful machines with the decals almost perfect! I don't use those machine to sew with, instead I use the ones with the not so perfect decals! Happy sewing!

Nancy

Crossstitcher 11-15-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Hi Trish,
If you join the Yahoo group :Vintage Singers, there is a free manual for the 401, pretty much the same machine and the instructions on how to use the cams is the same.
I tried to put the url for the Yahoo group in this message and for some reason its not allowed.
Sharon

Sharon, Thank you I signed up today. Will be looking for the manual.

vintagemotif 11-15-2010 04:51 PM

That IS a pretty color, plus the machine on CL looks so cute with that color brown and the black wheel. I would do this color combination.
It is fun looking at machines...if only I had a huge basement...

Yep. I love shimmery brown. I have the third brown car I've had in my life, and I love her too, when she's clean.

Nancy

[/quote]

BoJangles 11-15-2010 06:01 PM

Nancy,
I saw that you like horses. Do you own one of the horse farms up there in Rescue? Are a lot of you quilts with a horse theme? I don't ride, but I do love the quilts with the horse fabrics and theme. Horses are such beautiful animals.

Actually, yes I have a horse ranch in Rescue! I have done some horse themed quilts, but I do all kinds of quilts since most of our kids are not into horses! We do love our horses, though! And Yes horses are beautiful animals!

Nancy

Lostn51 11-15-2010 06:11 PM

And I can fix you up!! On average they run $165 + parts + shipping depending on the color sometimes more if it is some sort of custom work involved.

Billy

hazeljane 11-15-2010 06:13 PM

I've got to save my pennies. We're about to put our house on the market. But maybe next year. Your work is gorgeous. For now, I'm going to oil her up and see how she runs.

Thanks!

Lostn51 11-15-2010 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

How about something like a Candy Rootbeer...........

Billy

hazeljane 11-15-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

How about something like a Candy Rootbeer...........

Billy

That depth of finish is amazing, but a hint too red for me. But yes, that's the one that got me on the thought of thinking "Hey, my machine could be pretty shiny shimmery brown."

purplefiend 11-15-2010 07:44 PM

Sharon, Thank you I signed up today. Will be looking for the manual.[/quote]

Glad i could help Trish!
Sharon