Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

GladNana 10-04-2015 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 7332546)
Adelaide is beautiful, too bad somebody wrote on her.

Oh, it was only chalk pencil and came right off. Now if I can just find her a treadle cabinet (that I can afford!) we'll be in business!

GladNana 10-04-2015 05:50 PM

Oh how lovely! WOW what a lot of work that was! Your Aunt Nancy is a national treasure! Take good care of her. :)

sews 10-04-2015 05:51 PM

very nice!

GladNana 10-04-2015 05:52 PM

Beautiful Helen! Looks in great condition too. I've never seen one of these.

GladNana 10-04-2015 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, anyone want to come over and help me put together my new puzzle? At least it's not a rusty, greasy puzzle now![ATTACH=CONFIG]532548[/ATTACH]

sewbeadit 10-05-2015 01:01 PM

Beautiful machine, looks to be in super great condition! Lucky you.

sewbeadit 10-05-2015 01:01 PM

Ha, I am not good at puzzles.lol:D

purplefiend 10-05-2015 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by GladNana (Post 7336134)
Oh, it was only chalk pencil and came right off. Now if I can just find her a treadle cabinet (that I can afford!) we'll be in business!

I'm so glad it was only chalk!

mountain deb 10-12-2015 04:34 PM

Where is my camara.............?

sherian 10-12-2015 07:02 PM

I have been on this site for 2 hrs., it is so much information here. I think you all should be paid by the companies
making all the things needed to make the vintage sewing machine so wonderful. I really do like when I can sit and enjoy looking and reading you input. I am in the middle of trying to decide on which is better for me. A 66 red I
which I like the looks and the bobbin reg. type. Or the 127 Spinx which is in bad shape, I think. It has that bar ( I think you call it) on the top near the large wheel. Yea you can see I am not to smart on these things. I think it is harder or tricky on the 127 (left to right bobbin - bullet). Both of course treadle machines.

I think about it & change my mind. it does keep my brain working and learning or as my dr. says Putting a person to sleep so many times surgery, and 50 colon I will say checks ( drinking the ugly stuff and a day of sleep). It is not the best, but you just have to make the best of it, and keep going.
I am just starting to tell people about it, because it is one thing you can not hide. I am a lucky colon cancer and let's say female cancer - free. If I sound or write odd - tell me - I mix it - and slow down to get one idea at a time. Or spelling is also a problem. I wish I had a dictionary with me all the time, or a photo and name of people, I know well.
I tell myself it a small thing, I am here, I take care of a lot of people, I enjoy my life and family and you too! I guess I am thinking of Miriam's daughter in law and son.. Let her know you love and don't forget she will get better, but maybe at first needs love and kindness. To keep going and feel good herself. Take care ! Hope this is not wrong or to much, only meant to help and send thoughts of care. I am doing well as I hope you are. Sorry if I not saying this right. Have a great day, I am stilling praying for you and your family Miriam. I hear things are doing better, thank the Lord for that.
i