Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   White Treadle Mystery Update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/white-treadle-mystery-update-t180491.html)

ArizonaKAT 02-24-2012 06:23 AM

White Treadle Mystery Update

Now you all are really going to think I'm crazy.

I recently posted a thread that I over did my log cabin blocks and ended up with an extra quit. So last night after work I sewed the extra blocks together to make a lap quilt. I tacked it up on the wall to decide what type of trim I was going to put on it, turned off the light in the sewing room and went to my chair in the living room to watch a little tv before bed.

From my chair, I can see directly into the entire sewing room (it has a 48" opening and no door). I could swear I actually saw a rather large figure in a white top walking through my sewing room from where I hung the quilt.

I went to bed.

LindaR 02-24-2012 06:52 AM

you sure it wasn't a reflection from outside????

kitsykeel 02-24-2012 07:02 AM

Maybe it was the former machine's owner trying to get inside the log cabin.

ArizonaKAT 02-24-2012 07:14 AM

It just seems funny. I haven't sewed on my Singer since I got the White. Took time off to clean the treadle machine and get it going. And then when I start on the Singer again, my lady shows up in the sewing room. I think she was checking out the electric machine so see how it runs. Or like the others said, she's checking out my work.

Maybe she quilted.

If I could get her to sew the backs on, I'd be in business. I have three tops waiting for backs.

SUZAG 02-24-2012 08:03 AM

Kind of creepy but kind of neat at the same time...which ever owner she was, she must have truly loved her machine! As long as she is a friendly spirit, that's ok...Instead of asking her to sew the backs on, give her a go at the FMQ...

diamondee 02-26-2012 11:46 AM

You just might find one of your designs..redesigned on the board.

marajan 02-26-2012 06:37 PM

i leaarned to sew on a white treadle when i was 10....my son has the machine in his living room as a side table.
I do believe that maybe some one who once used that machine very much still loved sewing . may have owned that very machine. who knows?????????

ging10ging 02-26-2012 06:47 PM

I think if I was home alone I would have been to nervous to sleep. It's probably a lady who loved to make quilts and sew her own clothes. Maybe she'll help give you ideas. Kind of neat. I happen to believe in ghosts/angels that come to see what we are doing or help us. Enjoy her help. Sue

Annaquilts 02-26-2012 06:49 PM

That would majorly creep me out. did you offer the extra quilt as a piece offering? LOL Twilight zone

earthwalker 02-26-2012 06:55 PM

Well, if she is going to remain I hope she makes herself useful....:) Perhaps now she knows her machine is in good hands she can peacefully go on her way.