Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 103 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1585

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Blog Entries
    This is a better picture of the quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    This is a better picture of the quilt.
    I love your rancher's daughter quilt. The colors and work are very nice. This is the second quilt I have seen recently with Delectable Mountains for a border -an excellent choice.

What machine was used to make it?

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone I haven't been on this site for a while and OH MY what beautiful quilts you all have made. I love everyone of them and the colors are great.
    Now I do have one I want to show you but, you may have already seen it on another part of the board. It's called Ranchers Daughter. Also a picture of a table topper I made for my DIL.
    Very pretty! I love the look of the border on your Rancher's Daughter quilt.

I would like to put a border of Delectable Mountains on a quilt some day. Your quilt is lovely.

Very pretty quilt!
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

Blog Entries
    Irishrose, I used my trusty 301. I love that machine altho I have a lot of others I love when I am using them.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Irishrose, I used my trusty 301. I love that machine altho I have a lot of others I love when I am using them.
    Hehehehehehe, I know exactly what you are saying. I 'love' each of my machines the most when I am using them! I have a hard time picking a favorite!

Trish your delectable mountain border is such a nice touch to the whole quilt - beautiful! I made a quilt for my brother that is all delectable mountains, which was nice, but the way you used it as a border is great! I love the colors/stars too!

Nancy

Muv

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Quilt

After months of work, here it is! Apart from the hand stitched blanket stitch around the appliqué, it was made with my 1927 Singer 99K hand machine (appliqué, machine stitched detail, outline quilting) and 1945 Singer treadle (free motion quilting and binding).

It was seeing all the quilts on this thread that had been made entirely at home that made me determined to make a large quilt with the quilting done on the treadle, rather than cheating and getting tops done on the long arm machine at the quilt shop. Thank you all for the kick I needed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    After months of work, here it is! Apart from the hand stitched blanket stitch around the appliqué, it was made with my 1927 Singer 99K hand machine (appliqué, machine stitched detail, outline quilting) and 1945 Singer treadle (free motion quilting and binding).

It was seeing all the quilts on this thread that had been made entirely at home that made me determined to make a large quilt with the quilting done on the treadle, rather than cheating and getting tops done on the long arm machine at the quilt shop. Thank you all for the kick I needed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Muv, what a lovely quilt you have made with your vintage machines. I think it is just great..

Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Muv, you must have HOURS and DAYS in that quilt. Very pretty.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 103 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 153 ... LastLast