Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 105 of 170 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 104 105 106 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1696

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Well here is a quilt top I have been working on for 2 months. Started out as a lap size to quilt on the sewing machine. Liked it so much made it full size. Now will have to put in on the quilting frame. I did this a little at a time while recovering from surgery. DH put a 301 in cabinet in the dining area for me to sew.
    I really love the colors and the design - good job!!!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

LOVELY quilt, hats off to you with the vintage machine. For dependability and stitch quality, they are hard to beat.
    Pat
    pat design

Last night I finished this sewing machine cover. I used 4 orphan blocks pieced on various vintage machines, Singers 201,66-1 red eye,115-1 with tiffany/gingerbread decals and the Pfaff 1222E and 60 treadle. The blocks are 3 crumb blocks and a 9 patch with log cabin framing. I sewed the covers together with the Pfaff 60 treadle and the 1222E did all the zig zagging and the binding on the bottom. I'm hoping its wide enough to fit the HV Sapphire 875 when she is in the Horn cabinet that she shares with her sisters, the Berninas 930 & 1031 and Pfaff 1222E.
    Sharon W.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    Last night I finished this sewing machine cover.
    Sharon W.
    Cute! It is so bright and colorful. I like that you used your orphaned blocks in it.

Blog Entries
    I like your machine cover, now I know what to do with my scrap blocks.
    Skip
    BTW we are going to TX this spring(Bryan) I hope to get to Round Rock again love you little town.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    After months of work, here it is! Apart from the hand stitched blanket stitch around the appliqué, it was made with my 1927 Singer 99K hand machine (appliqué, machine stitched detail, outline quilting) and 1945 Singer treadle (free motion quilting and binding).

It was seeing all the quilts on this thread that had been made entirely at home that made me determined to make a large quilt with the quilting done on the treadle, rather than cheating and getting tops done on the long arm machine at the quilt shop. Thank you all for the kick I needed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    This is gorgeous. Even though I have a very expensive embroidery/sewing machine, I still love things made on vintage machines. My oldies outnumber my newbies greatly! You really did a super job on this and should be very proud of it.

Blog Entries
    Muv, That is a gorgeous quilt!

Sharon, I like your idea of taking the leftovers to make machine covers, very colorful!

Trish,
    I'm sorry I missed your quilt earlier. I love the bright colors in your quilt. Its beautifully done. My quilts have lots of bright colors too.
    Sharon

Glenn,Monica,Judy the sewer
    Thank you for all the nice comments. I had fun making the machine cover, it solved the problem of how to use those blocks. Glenn I do hope we get to meet. Muv your quilt is AWESOME!!!
    Sharon
    Last edited by purplefiend; 01-16-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Sharon, I like your machine cover too. Nice bright colors and different prints to look at. My grandkids would like it just to see how many different prints are on it. I can hear them now. Oh look at this one and look at this one etc.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Sharon, what a great way to use those scraps and orphaned blocks! One of my goals this year is to make a sewing machine cover for all my machines that sit 'out' in my sewing room! Your idea would be a great way to go without having to try and match color schemes in the room! Scrappy goes with everything! Great job!

This gives me an idea for some little dresser scarves to sit under the machines on my shelf and some foot pedal booties too (to keep the bed of the machine from being scratched when you stick your foot up there)! I think Grant is the one who makes the foot pedal booties!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 01-17-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Page 105 of 170 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 104 105 106 115 155 ... LastLast