Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 116 of 171 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 115 116 117 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1706

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Quilt for my aunts, update:

See original post on page 110, { Quilts made using vintage machines! } post # 1098.

We sent the quilts out the first of this month. Aunt Sheri got her quilt on the 7th and aunt Dorothy didn't go to the PO to get hers till the 16th. But she did get it.

We just heard from my aunt Sheri today about her quilt. She's 82 years old and doesn't respond as quick as she used to but she told us she was quite happy with her quilt and that it was "snugly warm". I'm tickled she liked it.

Now hopefully aunt Dorothy will let us know how she liked her quilt. She's 88 and moves even slower. I do hope she likes it.

Joe

Great idea and very colorful. Gives me ideas. - Ron

Joe, the quilts are lovely and I'm sure your aunts are really enjoying them. I love to hear how my quilts are being used..... makes it worth it to go to all that work.

Muv, your little quilt is adorable.... I'm amazed are how beautiful your stipling is. I can never get mine to be so smooth.

Some very nice quilts in this thread! Don't know as I'll be bold enough to try FMQ, but I just abandoned the modern Pfaff in favor of the Singer 301A for piecing. What a relief -- don't need a leader strip, don't need to fuss with needle position to get a 1/4" seam, don't need to fuss with tension when I want to use up a "who knows what it is?" bobbin thread ... just turn it on and zoom zoom. They really DON'T make 'em like they used to, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by toolazy View Post
    Some very nice quilts in this thread! Don't know as I'll be bold enough to try FMQ, but I just abandoned the modern Pfaff in favor of the Singer 301A for piecing. What a relief -- don't need a leader strip, don't need to fuss with needle position to get a 1/4" seam, don't need to fuss with tension when I want to use up a "who knows what it is?" bobbin thread ... just turn it on and zoom zoom. They really DON'T make 'em like they used to, eh?
    I would try it if you're using a 301. It's one of the friendliest machines I've found so far for FMQ. It's only real downside is the small harp. That doesn't matter for me though. I can crash into the pillar no matter how much space a person gives me.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

Another finished UFO. This was a Thangles Buck A Block in 2008. I made the top (pieced on my Singer 401A) as a shop sample, it hung in the shop for a year, then came home and lived in a box for awhile. Recently, a longarm quilting friend and I swapped a couple of projects. I pieced a top for her, and she quilted this. It's going to our son and DIL for a wedding gift.
    Name:  010.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  141.1 KB
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyquiltmom View Post
    Another finished UFO. This was a Thangles Buck A Block in 2008. I made the top (pieced on my Singer 401A) as a shop sample, it hung in the shop for a year, then came home and lived in a box for awhile. Recently, a longarm quilting friend and I swapped a couple of projects. I pieced a top for her, and she quilted this. It's going to our son and DIL for a wedding gift.
    Name:  010.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  141.1 KB
    Cindy, That's a very pretty quilt. I always enjoy the story behind the making of a quilt. Sweet deal with swapping the work to get the quilt done! That quilt is a lovely wedding gift.

Cindy, That is very pretty! I saved an image of it in my folder of quilts I really like. Good job, and your son and his wife will be so pleased to receive that.

Blog Entries
    Wow, Cindy yours is the first of the Buck a Block quilts I have seen done! I also started one of those in 2008, but the quilt store I was getting the Buck a Block blocks from quit half way through the season so I don't even have all the blocks to finish the quilt. Great job. I really like yours!

Nancy

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Cindy your quilt is great. I am sure your son and his new wife will enjoy it.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Page 116 of 171 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 115 116 117 126 166 ... LastLast