Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 122 of 166 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 121 122 123 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1651

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Blog Entries
    Love the spicy spiral. Very pretty. The quilt is nice too.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Skip, you'll appreciate that the quilt is a Quilt of Valor. It's going to be delivered to a local injured female soldier by the social worker from the VA clinic. I just need to do the presentation case and the label to QOV's specs.

Darcy, I just love those bunnies..... is there a pattern? I make a lot of baby quilts and would love to copy if you don't mind.

Irishrose, your quilts are wonderful.... and such a great gift for that injured soldier. She will be so proud to have your loving gesture wrapped around her.

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Skip, you'll appreciate that the quilt is a Quilt of Valor. It's going to be delivered to a local injured female soldier by the social worker from the VA clinic. I just need to do the presentation case and the label to QOV's specs.
    Irishrose,
    Thank you for making QOV, I'm sure that she'll love it. Your quilt is bright and cheery. "Thank You Quilters", is the group that I sew wounded soldier quilts with. We've been making children's quilts lately too. Our quilts go to the soldiers and their families at Fort Hood Army base in Killeen,Texas. I attached 3 of the quilts that I quilted and bound. My group gets quilt tops from all over the USA and we quilt and bind them.
    Sharon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   009.jpg   002.jpg  
    Last edited by purplefiend; 06-26-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Irishrose, there is nothing more wonderful than a quilt of valor. Being reitired after 25 years of service and a veteran of two wars I understand what an honor to give this QOV to a wounded soldier. I have placed a special star by your name in my heart. Thank you
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Irishrose I love your quilts. Those that receive them will love them.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Here's today's finish. It was too hot to weed the garden so I finished this simple quilt for my ex-husband in a nursing home - that's why it's long and narrow (65 by 90). Those hospital beds are odd. He says his fav colors are cranberry and purple. The pinkish strip is cranberry and the purple is darker.
    I pieced this on a 15 clone - it didn't do as perfect a job as the 301 does, but she was busy. The presser foot was too tight on the MW, but I've since figured it out. FMQ on the 301, of course.
    hospital-bed-quilt.jpg

Irishrose, it's beautiful!! I have a twin bed that it would look lovely on...... just saying!

Irishrose,
    The zig zag quilt is beautiful!
    Sharon

Irishrose, Besides being wonderfully constructed, the colors in this quilt are beautiful and the thought behind its is wonderful too.
    ~Karen
    Kenmore 158 19131, Elna Transforma, Singer 99-23, Red Eye Treadle 66-1, 301, Free Number 5

Page 122 of 166 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 121 122 123 132 ... LastLast