Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1650

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

  1. #21
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    Quote Originally Posted by cctx.
    I make all my quilts using my vintage machine, but there are too many photos to post.

    BTW, nice job on your Blues/Whites quilt.
    CCTX, let us see a few of them, we love pix. Thank you Monica, for starting this thread. Something else to ohh and ahh at.
    You should post that old quilt that you rescued. I would love to see that quilt!

  2. #22
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    I made a crumb quilt using my Singer 201K for the piecing and a Husqvarn Viking Sapphire 875 (the new girl) for the
    machine quilting.
    Sharon W.
    Sharon, I love that crumb quilt with the colorful cactus border, works well with the large colorful squares!

  3. #23
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    5,355
    Muv,
    Your quilt is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Sharon W.

  4. #24
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    I made a crumb quilt using my Singer 201K for the piecing and a Husqvarn Viking Sapphire 875 (the new girl) for the
    machine quilting.
    Sharon W.
    Sharon, I love that crumb quilt with the colorful cactus border, works well with the large colorful squares!
    Thanks Monica! I bought the entire bolt of cacti fabric at a quilt show; the vendor found out that it was for charity quilts and gave my 20% off the bolt.
    I use it for my Linus Connection quilts, it goes well with the bright fabrics.
    Sharon

  5. #25
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    I made a crumb quilt using my Singer 201K for the piecing and a Husqvarn Viking Sapphire 875 (the new girl) for the
    machine quilting.
    Sharon W.
    Sharon, I love that crumb quilt with the colorful cactus border, works well with the large colorful squares!
    Thanks Monica! I bought the entire bolt of cacti fabric at a quilt show; the vendor found out that it was for charity quilts and gave my 20% off the bolt.
    I use it for my Linus Connection quilts, it goes well with the bright fabrics.
    Sharon
    That was very nice of her to help you out by giving you a discount. I like your bright fabrics for the crumb squares and this border fabric for you donation quilts to the Linus Connection. Great way to use up crumbs and at the same time help others. Way cool!

  6. #26
    Senior Member cherrybsixty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    KANSAS
    Posts
    532
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    Quote Originally Posted by cctx.
    I make all my quilts using my vintage machine, but there are too many photos to post.

    BTW, nice job on your Blues/Whites quilt.
    CCTX, let us see a few of them, we love pix. Thank you Monica, for starting this thread. Something else to ohh and ahh at.
    You should post that old quilt that you rescued. I would love to see that quilt!
    How did you know that the DGD was home and she can help me.

  7. #27
    Super Member annieshane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St Pauls, NC
    Posts
    2,575
    Blog Entries
    2
    REally like your Crumbs. I also have 301 but it is at my friends house so I don't have to take it back and forth. Don't you love your 301!

  8. #28
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by annieshane
    REally like your Crumbs. I also have 301 but it is at my friends house so I don't have to take it back and forth. Don't you love your 301!
    I've fallen in love with my 301 now that I've finally gotten the tension assembly all adjusted properly. I have a herd of vintage machines.

  9. #29
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    Quote Originally Posted by cctx.
    I make all my quilts using my vintage machine, but there are too many photos to post.

    BTW, nice job on your Blues/Whites quilt.
    CCTX, let us see a few of them, we love pix. Thank you Monica, for starting this thread. Something else to ohh and ahh at.
    You should post that old quilt that you rescued. I would love to see that quilt!
    How did you know that the DGD was home and she can help me.
    Okay, you lost me here with "DGD was home and she can help me". I remember you telling us during one of the chats on the Vintage Machine Shop thread that you had rescued a quilt, that you were cleaning it up, and that you would be posting pictures of the quilt very soon. When I saw your post here today, I thought of that quilt and wondered if you got the picture posted on the QB. I would love to see that quilt!

    I think I need an urban dictionary to help me with some of these acronyms/initialism.

  10. #30
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    The machine that started my love of using vintage machines with treadles, a Singer 66-1 with Lotus decals. This baby quilt is the first quilt that I made by treadle power. The pattern is from Moda. I pieced, quilted, and attached the binding with this machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 3 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.