Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 31 of 156 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

I just finished the top of one, using my treadle........havenet got it quilted yet............will it work on the treadle, with no walking foot? (sorry, I dont know much about this yet).......
    Judy, retired RN, alias 4 dogs and in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Someday you will be a memory - try to make it a good one .

All the quilting projects are just beautiful! I also have a nice collection of vintage sewing machines and do all my quilting on them...will post pics when I get a chance.
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
    I just finished the top of one, using my treadle........havenet got it quilted yet............will it work on the treadle, with no walking foot? (sorry, I dont know much about this yet).......
    What is your sewing machine in treadle? Some of us use Singer 15s in treadle to free motion quilt. One quilter has been using his Singer 66 in treadle to free motion quilt. I used a Singer 66 to quilt a baby quilt that was just straight stitching once.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
    If you're doing straight line quilting you can do it on a treadle without a walking foot. I have quilted several with my Singer 201k treadle, I took most of the foot pressure off and it works great. For free motion quilting , I use either my 15-90 or 237 treadles.
    Sharon W. in Texas

Love the quilts, well done. Is that a walking foot on the Singer 201K and if so how do you find it works?

from Illinois but living in Ft. Myers,Florida
    very nice quilt!

Blog Entries
    Here is a pic. of a quilt I made for the Safe House for Battered Woman. They are going to raffel it off. I used my 404 machine which I happed to buy from them.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by Crossstitcher; 11-17-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Here is a pic. of a quilt I made for the Safe House for Battered Woman. They are going to raffel it off. I used my 404 machine which I happed to buy from them.
    Pretty quilt for a very good cause.

Blog Entries
    Those old Singer 404s are very under-rated. Everybody wants a 301 or a FW but you can pick up a 404 for not too much and they will sew just fine. I think they are really great for learning on. You can't mess up the needle thread - it goes straight back. The bobbin drops in so you can't lose the case. You can check to see if the bobbin is empty real easy. The needle sets forward so you can see. Those machines are gear driven. They are all metal. I wonder if that is why so many learned to sew in home-ec back in the day when those were the school machine.

It looks like a quilt that will draw people to buy a raffle ticket. Very well done!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt and great cause! Is there a name to the quilt pattern or did you design it yourself?
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Page 31 of 156 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 81 131 ... LastLast