Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 61 of 157 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
    You've achieved a manly quilt without sacrificing style....very cool! Love the back....makes it truly reversible. Great job.
    Thank you Earthwalker. I asked DH what colors he wanted, but they were all so dark that I added in the beige. Since the back was so big, I decided to carry the rail fences over to the back too.

Of course, I couldn't have done it without my vintage Viking which looks like its younger sister. It was a joy to use it again (it had been a while). What I'm really looking forward to is finishing our work on the Singer 127 treadle so that I can learn how to use it too. Now that is vintage!

Ah, so many projects and so little time.
    Dorothy in PA

Blog Entries
    Dorothy, I like your manly quilt for your husband. Thanks for sharing with us!

Dorothy, your quilt looks very cozy, and I like how you incorporated the colors/design on the back! Your husband is very lucky.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    Made another that has a spring theme and used some of my PP Stars. This quilt will be a gift for a friend. Machines used were Singer 201 for PP, Two Spools for piecing, Davis NVF for quilting and binding, and Necchi Supernova for the decorative stitches on binding.
    Name:  IMG_4256.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  768.6 KBName:  IMG_4257.JPG
Views: 450
Size:  1.15 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Made another that has a spring theme and used some of my PP Stars. This quilt will be a gift for a friend. Machines used were Singer 201 for PP, Two Spools for piecing, Davis NVF for quilting and binding, and Necchi Supernova for the decorative stitches on binding.
    Name:  IMG_4256.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  768.6 KBName:  IMG_4257.JPG
Views: 450
Size:  1.15 MB
    Monica, I love the stars. You are really getting good at paper piecing! Do you enjoy paper piecing? I have only tried that technique for a wall hanging. I like the way you do your backs - with a fabric from the front!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Monica, I love the stars. You are really getting good at paper piecing! Do you enjoy paper piecing? I have only tried that technique for a wall hanging. I like the way you do your backs - with a fabric from the front!

Nancy
    Nancy, Thanks! I do find the PP to be fun, just that I think that I'm still wasting lots of fabric in the process of making the PP, since I sometimes miss judge the amount of fabric needed. I love carrying the theme from front to back to make the quilt look good on both sides.

Quilt #3

My 3rd quilt using my 1936 FW for piecing and New 160th Anniversary for quilting.
    Name:  043.JPG
Views: 477
Size:  1.25 MBName:  045.JPG
Views: 395
Size:  1.31 MBName:  046.JPG
Views: 433
Size:  1.32 MB
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Jane, your quilts is so beautiful. I love the special touch you put on your label. WoW!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    AZ Jane, I love your signature label on this pretty quilt! Very nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Oh lovely, vintagemotif. I really like the double line quilting that you did and the echo quilting of the stars really makes them pop. Well done.
    Dorothy in PA

Page 61 of 157 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 111 ... LastLast