Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 79 of 164 FirstFirst ... 29 69 78 79 80 89 129 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Blog Entries
    Chris your Aunt looks truly touched that you made that quilt for her! Great job too!

Candace, that bag looks just like you! Bright and cheerful! Love it! I like the way your black diagonals line up, but the rest of the stripes are catty wampus!
    Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 08-05-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Chris your Aunt looks truly touched that you made that quilt for her! Great job too!

Nancy
    Nancy, Thank you. She was touched. As a quilter herself, she had never been given a quilt until mine. Just wish there hadn't been quite so many creative design decisions which do not show up in the pictures.
    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Yeah, catty wampus is a good way to describe it. I've probably FMQ'ed to the moon and back. I do own a new Bernina but cringe when people spend a fortune on a new machine, just because they want to FMQ. These old gals do a great job of it and are so much cheaper. I love my new Bernina when she's behaving, but these vintage machines will FMQ along with the expensive machines.

I'm really enjoying this thread! What a joy to see so many lovely quilts of all sorts and shapes, and isn't it just great that they are all made on vintage and antique machines?

Here's my latest project, a table runner. It was pieced on my Pfaff 1222E and then quilted on my Bernina 830 Record. I went with straight line quilting this time and used Invisafil so that the design and the anemone flowers would show up. (Besides, my FMQ isn't quite up to speed yet.)

I made it for my friend Mary, so please don't tell her yet, OK?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Dorothy in PA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by totosmom View Post
    I'm really enjoying this thread! What a joy to see so many lovely quilts of all sorts and shapes, and isn't it just great that they are all made on vintage and antique machines?

Here's my latest project, a table runner. It was pieced on my Pfaff 1222E and then quilted on my Bernina 830 Record. I went with straight line quilting this time and used Invisafil so that the design and the anemone flowers would show up. (Besides, my FMQ isn't quite up to speed yet.)

I made it for my friend Mary, so please don't tell her yet, OK?
    Dorothy, what a great looking table runner! Don't you love your Pfaff 1222e? I bought mine brand new in 1976 and have used it ever since! There is nothing wrong with straight lines! I do a lot of stitch in the ditch and FM, but there is a time and a place for both! Thanks for sharing.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Dorothy, That's a very pretty runner! I love the look of just the straight stitch on this piece. Thanks for sharing with us!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Dorothy, That's a very pretty runner! I love the look of just the straight stitch on this piece. Thanks for sharing with us!
    Thanks, Vintagemotif, for the kind words. I had forgotten how pesky those HST can be, so diagonal quilting was out. But the SID with Invisafil really lets the eyes enjoy the fabric and pattern ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Dorothy in PA

Thanks, Nancy! I've done more straight line quilting than FMQ and I agree -- they both have their place. To do it well, I need to practice a little more FMQ, but then who doesn't? And yes the 1222E is a delight to use. Love that IDT.
    Dorothy in PA

Blog Entries
    totosmom, that's a very pretty pattern and the colors are lovely. My FMQ is nothing to write home about, but I much prefer it to straight line quilting. My current one has both so I am getting a reminder of which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by totosmom View Post
    Thanks, Nancy! I've done more straight line quilting than FMQ and I agree -- they both have their place. To do it well, I need to practice a little more FMQ, but then who doesn't? And yes the 1222E is a delight to use. Love that IDT.

I love my 1222 too. I pieced with it over the weekend. I always enjoy working on this machine.

Page 79 of 164 FirstFirst ... 29 69 78 79 80 89 129 ... LastLast