Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 159 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1584

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

  1. #71
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
    Charlee, what a wonderful idea to use those embroidered pillowcases!
    Thanks! They're fun to make, and wonderful for "spreading out" things that have heirloom potential...the niece I made it for didn't have anything that her grandmother had stitched...it was important to me to make sure she did, but I didn't have much to share.

  2. #72
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    I LOVE everything on here! You guys have done a great job! Charlee, love the shirt and the doll! Cherry, those ancient quilts are priceless! Everyone has done a great job!

    So here is the quilt I made in 2 weeks for my grandson's 3rd birthday - today! We were in the fabric store and he saw this Dinosaur Train fabric and went crazy! His favorite show on TV is Dinosaur Train! I had to do a row quilt, didn't have a lot of time to get this done, but I think it turned out very cute! I made the back with motorcycles - he loves motorcycles too!

    This entire quilt - front and back - was pieced using either my 1939 Singer 15-88 treadle or my 1913 Eldredge Two Spools treadle! I used the 15-88 when I needed to back tack! I used "Betty," my Davis Vertical Feed Treadle from 1886 to put on the binding! The only electric machine to touch this quilt was my 1976 Pfaff 1222e, which was used last to finish the decorative stitch on the binding!

    Nancy

    Dinosaur Train Quilt 90 X 97
    Name:  Attachment-223423.jpe
Views: 804
Size:  70.6 KB

    Dinosaur Train
    Name:  Attachment-223424.jpe
Views: 769
Size:  83.4 KB

    Back of Dinosaur Train Quilt
    Name:  Attachment-223425.jpe
Views: 794
Size:  71.8 KB

  3. #73
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    I LOVE everything on here! You guys have done a great job! Charlee, love the shirt and the doll! Cherry, those ancient quilts are priceless! Everyone has done a great job!

    So here is the quilt I made in 2 weeks for my grandson's 3rd birthday - today! We were in the fabric store and he saw this Dinosaur Train fabric and went crazy! His favorite show on TV is Dinosaur Train! I had to do a row quilt, didn't have a lot of time to get this done, but I think it turned out very cute! I made the back with motorcycles - he loves motorcycles too!

    This entire quilt - front and back - was pieced using either my 1939 Singer 15-88 treadle or my 1913 Eldredge Two Spools treadle! I used the 15-88 when I needed to back tack! I used "Betty," my Davis Vertical Feed Treadle from 1886 to put on the binding! The only electric machine to touch this quilt was my 1976 Pfaff 1222e, which was used last to finish the decorative stitch on the binding!

    Nancy
    Nancy, That's so cute! I like that you were able to use so many vintage machines to make this quilt, and one of the machines is one hundred twenty-five years old! Way cool!
    What decorative stitch did you use on your binding? I like finishing mine off that way, just an added special touch.

  4. #74
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,573
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Nancy, That's so cute! I like that you were able to use so many vintage machines to make this quilt, and one of the machines is one hundred twenty-five years old! Way cool!
    What decorative stitch did you use on your binding? I like finishing mine off that way, just an added special touch.
    Thank you Monica! I have been putting the bindings on using monofilament thread and the - what I call - walking zig zag. It is the zig zag stitch that stitches 3 stitches zigs then 3 stitches and zags. I alter the stitch so it becomes a half moon and is basically a hidden stitch. Very fast and invisible way to attach bindings that I learned at a quilt store class after I had to spend countless hours hand sewing bindings.

    Nancy

  5. #75
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Nancy, That's so cute! I like that you were able to use so many vintage machines to make this quilt, and one of the machines is one hundred twenty-five years old! Way cool!
    What decorative stitch did you use on your binding? I like finishing mine off that way, just an added special touch.
    Thank you Monica! I have been putting the bindings on using monofilament thread and the - what I call - walking zig zag. It is the zig zag stitch that stitches 3 stitches zigs then 3 stitches and zags. I alter the stitch so it becomes a half moon and is basically a hidden stitch. Very fast and invisible way to attach bindings that I learned at a quilt store class after I had to spend countless hours hand sewing bindings.

    Nancy
    That sounds very helpful!

  6. #76
    Senior Member Crossstitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    982
    Blog Entries
    7
    Here is a quilt my DGD age 11 made on one of my machines the 319. Also used her own machine that was made in the late 50's or early 60's. DGD is going to enter it in the WV State Fair this year, she did all the sewing and I did the cutting.

    DGD first quilt
    Name:  Attachment-226507.jpe
Views: 759
Size:  112.6 KB

  7. #77
    Senior Member Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North TX
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Here is a quilt my DGD age 11 made on one of my machines the 319. Also used her own machine that was made in the late 50's or early 60's. DGD is going to enter it in the WV State Fair this year, she did all the sewing and I did the cutting.
    That is so cute! I can't wait until my niece gets old enough for me to try to get her quilting. :D

    This is a baby quilt I made for her out of the scraps from her mother's and father's old jeans. Her dad likes to draw freehand designs and there was a pair where he had drawn in ink pen on his jeans. Makes it extra special for her. It does have a thin batting and flannel backing, nice and heavy and durable. It was made entirely on my 15-91 with no problems. Love that machine!

    Jean Quilt
    Name:  Attachment-227132.jpe
Views: 762
Size:  52.4 KB

    Center detail
    Name:  Attachment-227133.jpe
Views: 764
Size:  51.8 KB

  8. #78
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Posts
    6,491
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Here is a quilt my DGD age 11 made on one of my machines the 319. Also used her own machine that was made in the late 50's or early 60's. DGD is going to enter it in the WV State Fair this year, she did all the sewing and I did the cutting.
    That is so cute! I can't wait until my niece gets old enough for me to try to get her quilting. :D

    This is a baby quilt I made for her out of the scraps from her mother's and father's old jeans. Her dad likes to draw freehand designs and there was a pair where he had drawn in ink pen on his jeans. Makes it extra special for her. It does have a thin batting and flannel backing, nice and heavy and durable. It was made entirely on my 15-91 with no problems. Love that machine!
    I love the baby blanket you made for your niece. The way you quilted it is very clever. The drawing will be priceless to her when she is older, I am sure. :-D

  9. #79
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Here is a quilt my DGD age 11 made on one of my machines the 319. Also used her own machine that was made in the late 50's or early 60's. DGD is going to enter it in the WV State Fair this year, she did all the sewing and I did the cutting.
    That is so cute! I can't wait until my niece gets old enough for me to try to get her quilting. :D

    This is a baby quilt I made for her out of the scraps from her mother's and father's old jeans. Her dad likes to draw freehand designs and there was a pair where he had drawn in ink pen on his jeans. Makes it extra special for her. It does have a thin batting and flannel backing, nice and heavy and durable. It was made entirely on my 15-91 with no problems. Love that machine!
    I like this jean quilt! Clever using the parents' jeans. Singer 15-91 are wonderful machines to quilt with.

  10. #80
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Plain Spoken quilt pieced with Eldredge Two Spools and quilted with Singer 201K; both treadle machines.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 8 of 159 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.