Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 91 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 81 90 91 92 101 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Link from Legend of Zelda, my latest and last.
    Attachment 366457
    Ok Monica, what do you mean "your latest and last?" Is that a person of some kind - some kind of a munchkin? It is cute! Who is Zelda?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Nancy, That is my second quilt of Link, a lap size. My first quilt of Link is this wall quilt. Link is a character from the Legend of Zelda. Here is a wiki link for you to read on the history of this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ahh I love the Link quilts! That was the first video game I ever "solved" from beginning to end!

Mr. Roboto

I just finished a twin size quilt on Friday. It's made from a kit for The Linus Connection's annual quilt/yarn blanket challenge. This year we got a kit of 4 fabrics from the "Mechanical Genius" line of fabrics by Mo Bedell, we could add up to 3 solid fabrics to our quilts. I added a teal blue,lime green and royal blue. I wanted to use the robot print so that I wouldn't have to cut it up too much. The blocks are 16", I named it; "Mr. Roboto". I pieced it on my electric and treadle Pfaffs, quilted it on the Viking Sapphire, using a King Tut thread (cairo) and a turquoise blue to match the solid on the back. In the photo the quilt is upside down, I didn't see that the bottom row(top in photo) was put in upside down. Oh well the child that receives this quilt will still love it.
    Sharon W.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by purplefiend; 10-04-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added photos and text

Blog Entries
    Sharon, I love your Mr. Roboto! Nice pattern, colors, and robot fabric for a child. I like your binding too since it is a great way to use up the fabrics. Thanks for sharing with us.

Purplefiend, Wow, your Mr. Roboto, quilt is so beautiful! I like the colors that you used!

Monica, Your Link quilt is beautiful! I like the quilting on it!!

My grandsons would love both of these quilts!! Perfect quilts for the boys.

Anamaria

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    BoJangles: your Christmas Twister Quilt is the most imaginative creation I have seen using the twister ruler. I love your border gold touched fabric and the bright Christmasy fabrics you selected. Way to go!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Love Mr. Roboto! And I love sewing on my treadles too - I think I'll drag one out, today and put her to work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    I just finished a twin size quilt on Friday. It's made from a kit for The Linus Connection's annual quilt/yarn blanket challenge. This year we got a kit of 4 fabrics from the "Mechanical Genius" line of fabrics by Mo Bedell, we could add up to 3 solid fabrics to our quilts. I added a teal blue,lime green and royal blue. I wanted to use the robot print so that I wouldn't have to cut it up too much. The blocks are 16", I named it; "Mr. Roboto". I pieced it on my electric and treadle Pfaffs, quilted it on the Viking Sapphire, using a King Tut thread (cairo) and a turquoise blue to match the solid on the back. In the photo the quilt is upside down, I didn't see that the bottom row(top in photo) was put in upside down. Oh well the child that receives this quilt will still love it.
    Sharon W.
    Sharon, I love the quilt! The child that receives your quilt is going to absolutely love it! You did a great job!

nancy

Love "Mr Roboto"....and so will the lucky child that receives it. It will make perfect sense to the recipient to have that row turned....the robots will be right way up whichever end you look from Great colour choices too.

Page 91 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 81 90 91 92 101 141 ... LastLast