DH and I are in the midst of refinishing my Featherweight. A few thoughts in retrospect:
1) Be sure to buy automotive paint and look to see if it is high gloss.
2) 600 grit sandpaper is good but I'd go with higher grit.
3) When taking all the parts off the machine, be sure to tape all the pieces, screws, washers etc together and write down what each part is.
4) Toothbrushes, small brushes can help to get the stripper into the corners and small spaces.
5) Have lots of paper towels to clean off the stripper from the machine and parts.
6) Wear two pairs of rubber gloves and have spares handy.
7) Keep work are clean and dust free if possible.
8) Use tack cloth to clean the machine after dusting.
We've finished painting at this point and about to add the decals. Will post pics before and after later.