Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Removing extension table of White Featherweight

Removing extension table of White Featherweight

How do I remove the extension table of a White Featherweight? The screws/pins are not visible from the outside of the table (as I have seen on black featherweights). Is there a way to access the pins/screws and remove them? This featherweight is in really bad condition and I will need to strip and repaint it - once I get all the frozen parts off.

Quote Originally Posted by lakekids View Post
    How do I remove the extension table of a White Featherweight? The screws/pins are not visible from the outside of the table (as I have seen on black featherweights). Is there a way to access the pins/screws and remove them? This featherweight is in really bad condition and I will need to strip and repaint it - once I get all the frozen parts off.
    Good morning: I asked my husband your question. He works on Featherweights for a hobby. He said it would be almost impossible. He thinks it is 'spring loaded'. If you were to get it off, it would be even harder to get it back on. I know that this doesn't help you, but thought I would pass it along anyway. Good luck.
    Cynthia

Thanks for the info. When I get to the stage of painting this I guess I will have to figure out how to protect those pins/springs from the paint.