Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Removing a Singer from its cabinet

Removing a Singer from its cabinet

I have two Singer machines made in 1948 and 1949. The 1949 cabinet is in rough shape. I was wondering if there is a portable "box" that I can build or order that will allow me to take the machine out of the cabinet permanently. In other words, can i make a cabinet machine portable? Thanks!
    Leslie

Here is a link, hope it is what you are looking for. http://www.treadleon.net/woodshop/bu...dingbases.html

Or buy a white plastic carry case or Singer Bentwood Case. You might have to disconnect and reconnect some wiring if it's routed through cabinet holes. Good Luck.

Jon

Wow, another thread to bookmark. This is exactly what I need to know for the 66 I'm going to look at this week. It isn't in a cabinet or a case..... but I think it will be a great machine to have. And, I'm pretty handy with a saw and drill.. Yippee!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    Or buy a white plastic carry case or Singer Bentwood Case. You might have to disconnect and reconnect some wiring if it's routed through cabinet holes. Good Luck.

Jon
    Just finished fishing out those wires from the cabinet my new-to-me redeye was in. Cabinet's not that bad but I want to put the machine into a restored cabinet I have. Might have to do some re-wiring anyhow so not all bad.