Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Repainting a Featherweight Sewing Machine

My avatar is my 1948 Featherweight repainted purple. Just looking at it makes me smile. I bought it about 3 months ago on craigslist for $140, just happened to be online at night and look about 1/2 hour after it was posted and immediatedly emailed that I wanted it. It is a metallic purple, and I would probably have been my second choice if I was picking a color to paint it (my first choice would be a metallic royal blue). I also have a black featherweight and wouldn't have it reapinted but it is in pretty nice condition. I think this one was probably cosmetically challenged judging by the condition of the case.
    Kim
    So many hobbies ... So little time
    private pilot, quilter, vintage sewing machine addict, silversmith, lapidary

Quite the variety of gorgeous painted machines! I'd have to vote for the dark purple one with the tole painting on it!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Harrishs--I bet the orange one was the one I was following, very pretty.
    Surfergirl- I love the red ones, also saw a candy apple red one that was just beautiful and it became a bidding war on ebay and sold for $3500, wow. I would look at the website provided above, lots of pictures and then pick your favorite color. Let us see it when it's done.

Blog Entries
    Red, red, red, what else...my fav color...LOL

Beautiful !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlm5419 View Post
    Here is one I saw at a local quilt show. THere were several there that I was drooling over, including a deep green one with tole painted flowers. It was gorgeous. I also like this one:
    Attachment 345455
    Oh, I LOVE that!!

My grandmother was an Okie in California! She moved there in the 30s from Muskogee. She was a wonderful woman.

you could buy a black one and take it to an automotive guy to repaint for less than that one ended up costing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sally J View Post
    Harrishs--I bet the orange one was the one I was following, very pretty.
    Surfergirl- I love the red ones, also saw a candy apple red one that was just beautiful and it became a bidding war on ebay and sold for $3500, wow. I would look at the website provided above, lots of pictures and then pick your favorite color. Let us see it when it's done.

I have one destined for a repaint and I too can't decide what colour but am leaning towards red if I just paint it...however being an artist I might have to dress it up a little with some flowers etc.

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    My FW does not need to be painted but I've seen the repainted ones and they are gorgeous! I just don't know what color I would pick if It came to repainting mine. They are all so pretty. One thing I liked about the repainted ones is that the person that did them put the stencils back on them.
    She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough!

Senior Member ORSunshineQuilter's Avatar
    My DH painted one for me with car paint called Chameleon. It turns from purple to green, depending on where the light hits it. It is beautiful and I never fail to get compliments when I take it to class! It's really fun!
    BJ the Oregon Sunshine Quilter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast