Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Repainting a Featherweight Sewing Machine

Blog Entries
    Oh, Oh, coveting the RED One!!!!

This is my purple Featherweight. Her name is Violet.

Name:  Violet.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  102.6 KB

All of those machines are beautiful. My machine is a treadle. Unfortunately, I'm the one who ruined it. I soaked it in hot water to try to clean the gunk from the inside and the whole thing turned white and I couldn't do anything but strip it down. It WAS in pretty nice condition before and had a really nice Sphinx decal. Now the cabinet is beautiful and I have a naked (bare metal) machine sitting on top. I just don't know if painting it any other color than black might take away from the "treadle look". ??? Although Red is my favorite color.

just for the fun of it, I 'modeled' some of my heads in my treadle cabinet. The pink Atlas looked amazing. The pink Monarch also. They are both class 15's. But the more modern Morse with all the chrome, looked terrible.
    I have a 66 that will need to be repainted. I was going to do it black with the correct redeye decals, but I am considering Alabama Crimson Tide red. That way she and I will match a lot. I already have hot fuschia, purple repaints, and mint, blue, pink, peach, and bright blue original heads. No red.
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5