Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Replacement Parts?

Replacement Parts?

Is there a source for replacement parts? I have found an old Singer #AC577498.
    I have it dated 1929 but is missing the bobbin cover and I believe the other piece is called a face plate.
    Is there a place to buy these. The cabinet was different.
    I am including some photos.

Name:  Maybe1.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  151.7 KBName:  Maybe2.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  95.5 KBName:  Maybe5.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  125.4 KB

ArlaJo,

It's a 66-4 model or one in that area.

The slide cover, electrical block, and cord set (if needed) can be had at Sew-Classics { http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/ }. Perhaps the face plate too. If not then check Thayer Rags { http://thayerrags.com/ } parts for it.

Personally if you haven't already bought it, I'd try to talk them down as low as you can. That machine is missing more parts than I Like to see and with the electrical cord block broken I'm sure it's going to need a lot of work.

The cabinet is interesting though. I've never seen one in person.

Joe

Parts are available on Ebay so there is no problem getting them. The issue is that it will cost quite a bit to replace them. If you haven't bought, pass on it. If you did, then take a deep breath and be patient trying to find a good price. The face plate should match the year of the machine, minimally to keep it true unless you just want to sew with it. Don't pay a lot for it...Good Luck.

Thanks Joe

That's the kind of advise I need.

It's a (well used) 66-6 with fillagree decals. I have my grandmothers from 1928 and it is a AC serial number. Beacause of all the missing parts, I wouldn't pay over $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyangel View Post
    It's a (well used) 66-6 with fillagree decals. I have my grandmothers from 1928 and it is a AC serial number. Beacause of all the missing parts, I wouldn't pay over $25.
    Skyangel,

Just a question, what do you see that indicates it is a -6? I'm not that educated yet so I'm still trying to learn.

Joe