Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Revco Reverser, Adjustment instructions, how to >

Revco Reverser, Adjustment instructions, how to

Revco Reverser, Adjustment instructions, how to

Old 01-04-2014, 02:04 PM

Default Revco Reverser, Adjustment instructions, how to

Does anyone here have any knowledge of how to adjust the Revco Reverser's found on some of the old style 99s and 66s?

OR~~

Does anyone know of any blogs, sites, pages, or other sources of instructions to adjust them?

The one on my old 66 is so far out that I can't get it adjusted. There is really no adjustable parts that I can see, but this one is need of it.

When I set it at "0" stitches it's still going forward, and if I set it at 10 SPI I have no reverse. I have to back the adjuster lever all the way out to get any reverse. At that point I have real nice big stitches, but not what I normally use.

Joe
Old 01-04-2014, 02:43 PM

I wonder if it's not the reverser that' s the problem, but a problem with your linkage underneath the stitch selector area?
Old 01-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I wonder if it's not the reverser that' s the problem, but a problem with your linkage underneath the stitch selector area?
That's what I wonder, too. But how do you adjust that?
Old 01-04-2014, 03:57 PM

I looked at that too. There is only one place to adjust and it's an eccentric screw. I marked it for reference then turned it both ways and there wasn't any change I could detect. So I put it back where it was.

It looks like the linkage on this Reverser is too long. So no matter what I do, the internal mechanism is in the wrong place. But this is the only one of these things I've come across, so I'm really in the dark with it.

Joe
Old 01-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Joe is that the machine you got at the GW auction? Looked like an add on.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:35 PM

If it's an ad on, maybe it was done incorrectly. Maybe post a photo of the bottom of the machine.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:58 PM

Miriam,

Yes the Revco Reverser is an aftermarket add on kit.

Candace,

I've seen pics of these kits on a 66s as well. I'm wondering if there is a difference in the kits. Don't know, just wondering.

I'll get a pic of the bottom and post it.

Joe
Old 01-05-2014, 12:09 PM

If it's an ad on, maybe it was done incorrectly. Maybe post a photo of the bottom of the machine.
Candace,

Here is some pics of the machine with the Reverser. I'll try to describe what's what as best I can.

Bottom of machine:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454949[/ATTACH]
The top horizontal shaft controls the back and forth movement of the feed dogs. The screw at the right that connects to the vertical shaft is an eccentric. I marked it and moved it back and forth with no changes.
The bottom horizontal shaft controls the up and down movement of the feed dogs. I didn't mess with that.

View up the bottom of the pillar:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454951[/ATTACH]
You can see the internal parts to the Reverser at the lower right of the pillar.

Through the rear inspection hole:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454953[/ATTACH]
The nut on the right side of the forked shaft holds the roller. The slotted part has a shaft that passes through the front of the pillar. It has a ridge on it or a slot for a ridge ( I forget which ) that locates the external arm.

Angled exterior view:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454955[/ATTACH]
As you can see there is no adjustments to the linkage.

I suppose I could be missing something obvious. That's happened before. But most of the machines I've worked on did not need major feed dog or stitch length adjustments, and this is the only one with a Revco Reverser I've ever messed with.

Hope these pics tell you what you wanted to know. If you need more, just tell me and I'll do my best to post them.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails img_5450.jpg   img_5452.jpg   img_5453.jpg   img_5456.jpg  

Last edited by J Miller; 01-05-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:17 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that the main body of the Reverser is attached to the pillar with a big screw that uses the original stitch regular screw threads. It is mounted solid and cannot be moved either.

Joe
Old 01-05-2014, 02:33 PM

I'd like to help you Joe, but while I admire the Revco Reverse Attachment, I don't have a working sample.

CD in Oklahoma