Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Revco Reverser Patent document

Revco Reverser Patent document

I have attached the PDF to this message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails us2562009a.pdf  

I don't have a machine like that but I was curious. That's pretty interesting. Thanks for posting.
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    Thanks - I had never seen a patent document before! My DH teaches engineering at a local high school and I am always telling him sewing machines are the most amazingly engineered machines ever. If one of my vintage machines ever breaks beyond repair, he wants to let his classes tear it apart and study it. I told him it would be a long wait for that to happen! They just keep going and going... Now my computerized machines - not such a long wait, but he doesn't want them!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Interesting read. Where did you find the patent document! Thanks for sharing it.
    Sweet Caroline

I just bid on and won a 66 in Indy just because it had that Reverser kit on it. They've facinated me since I saw the first pic of one.
    As soon as I get it home, ( gotta do a road trip to Indy to get it ) I'm gonna print out the Patent Document and take some good photos to post.

Hopefully the machine is in good mechanical condition as it's got some other non-standard things too.

Joe

Here's a pic of the Reverse Revco on my Redeye and another pic of the actual part.revco5.jpg000_0004-640x480-.jpg

I have one of those reverser things new in original box, someplace. I really got into sewing machine collecting in 1998-1999. There was stuff floating around to buy back then that you can't find now, because back then was prime time for "old sewing machine guys" to retire and sell off everything that had been sitting around the shop for decades. And great for estate-sale machines, like virtually unused Centennial 201 with all accessories in a deluxe cabinet (dirty as all get out) for only $25 or maybe $50 at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Interesting read. Where did you find the patent document! Thanks for sharing it.
    I Googled "Revco Reverser Patent". the second option was at "freepatentsonline"