Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Royal Model 300 Electric De Luxe Zig Zag

Royal Model 300 Electric De Luxe Zig Zag

Need info about this all metal electric machine. Case is a pale cocoa color (like color of old chocolate) …we have manual, and it is in a case…….the stitch selector will only turn in 1 direction, and the stitch width selector is frozen in the "0" position - so we have only straight stitch capability…….but it works!!

Who made this machine……any idea of its age? It needs a good cleaning and oiling……and probably a couple of parts……..if the selection knobs cannot be freed up……...

Again - thanks for your help!

Pictures? Without any and from the brand it sounds a lot like any one of a whole bunch of Japanese made machines. Cleaning, oiling and a little patience is probably all it needs to free up the stuck parts. Triflow oil is highly recommended. It will help loosen up dried up old oil that could be gumming up your machine.
    Rodney

Blog Entries
    It is likely a Japanese made machine. Here is a link to more info: Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines feel free to post a pic
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Thank you for the link to the Vintage Japanese machines! Such fun looking at the pictures and reading the posts. The Royal belongs to my neighbor and friend - so I have to wait for a picture…..It really is a neat machine…..

Thank you all for your responses…..saw several on the link that had similar features, but none that was exactly like hers…will get a picture as soon as I can and post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorebird View Post
    Thank you for the link to the Vintage Japanese machines! Such fun looking at the pictures and reading the posts. The Royal belongs to my neighbor and friend - so I have to wait for a picture…..It really is a neat machine…..

Thank you all for your responses…..saw several on the link that had similar features, but none that was exactly like hers…will get a picture as soon as I can and post.
    they never seem to be exactly alike - they all work very similar though.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill