Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Royal Model 300 Electric De Luxe Zig Zag >

Royal Model 300 Electric De Luxe Zig Zag

Royal Model 300 Electric De Luxe Zig Zag

Old 03-10-2014, 06:35 AM

Default Royal Model 300 Electric De Luxe Zig Zag

Need info about this all metal electric machine. Case is a pale cocoa color (like color of old chocolate) …we have manual, and it is in a case…….the stitch selector will only turn in 1 direction, and the stitch width selector is frozen in the "0" position - so we have only straight stitch capability…….but it works!!

Who made this machine……any idea of its age? It needs a good cleaning and oiling……and probably a couple of parts……..if the selection knobs cannot be freed up……...

Again - thanks for your help!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 AM

Pictures? Without any and from the brand it sounds a lot like any one of a whole bunch of Japanese made machines. Cleaning, oiling and a little patience is probably all it needs to free up the stuck parts. Triflow oil is highly recommended. It will help loosen up dried up old oil that could be gumming up your machine.
Rodney
Old 03-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

It is likely a Japanese made machine. Here is a link to more info: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t207877.html feel free to post a pic
Old 03-12-2014, 03:23 AM

Thank you for the link to the Vintage Japanese machines! Such fun looking at the pictures and reading the posts. The Royal belongs to my neighbor and friend - so I have to wait for a picture…..It really is a neat machine…..

Thank you all for your responses…..saw several on the link that had similar features, but none that was exactly like hers…will get a picture as soon as I can and post.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Shorebird View Post
Thank you for the link to the Vintage Japanese machines! Such fun looking at the pictures and reading the posts. The Royal belongs to my neighbor and friend - so I have to wait for a picture…..It really is a neat machine…..

Thank you all for your responses…..saw several on the link that had similar features, but none that was exactly like hers…will get a picture as soon as I can and post.
they never seem to be exactly alike - they all work very similar though.