Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rubber Treadle Belt?

Rubber Treadle Belt?

Has anyone tried these? I bought one from Lehman's and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Seems like it would grip better than leather and be a bit harder to treadle. They look like they would last forever.

Blog Entries
    I hear for electric they can be hard on the motor - guess that doesn't apply to a treadle!

I've heard of spring belts, and aquarium belts, but never heard of rubber belts. I wonder how you'd attach the two ends without the rubber pulling out?

When yours gets here let us know how it works.

Joe

Here's the URL. https://www.lehmans.com/p-1551-sewing-machine-belt.aspx

They say they don't carry the leather ones anymore because of quality issues and the rubber is no more expensive than the leather was. There's a video on utube of a person installing one of these and it looks like one end just fits in to the other.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIGuctAaRDc

I got one for my treadle (if I ever get it restored) from an Amish store in Michigan and it's a tube with a little metal connector that after you size it, just push together. The connecter looks to be about a 1/3 of an inch or less long. I paid $4.05 for it.