Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing Machine moviing???????

Sewing Machine moviing???????

I am so tired of my sewing machine moving around while I'm quilting. Has anyone found a way to attach a machine to a table permanetly so it will not move any more?

Blog Entries
    New rubber feet on the machine bottom? None of mine seem to move at all when sewing...even my most lightest machine.

What kind of sewing machine are you using? I have used pieces of a yoga mat and the non-slip drawer liners.
    Sweet Caroline

I put the non-slip drawer liner under mine like CarolineS does. Works great!

Blog Entries
    you can put a piece of rubbermaid shelf liner, its' kind of rubbery, works great and you can get it at a $1 store
    Patski
    always learning

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shelf liner is the key to everything. Under your machine. Under the pedal. Use a square of it to help open tight jars. Wrap it around your mower handle to stop the vibrations. I suppose you could even line a shelf with it although I never have.

My question is, what kind of table are you using? Does it vibrate or move when you sew? If so, that is your problem, not the machine. I do have a piece of rubberized stuff that I put under my machine when I have to sew on a card table, but the card table bounces terribly, so I don't do it very often.

The only time I really ever had trouble with my sewing machine moving was while sewing at a quilt shop that had plastic tables and the tables were all slightly bowed. Every other place my machine is fine. So maybe it's the table and not your machine.

I have the same problem.. It just struck me .... I am going to try some of thegridded (waffle-like) shelf liner. I used it under an area rug to keep it from moving and it helped a lot.

I'm using one of those fold up tables that I purchased from Walmart, no the table dosen't bounce or move, I have put the walffle mat under the machine, nothing seems to help, I considered drilling holes in the table and the sewing machine case until I discovered that the table has two layers of plastic.I need some way to stableize the machine ( It is a Simplicity Quilter's Classic,) the machines sews bueatifly Just can"tget it to stay still while I'm quilting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast