Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sewing Machine needle not in correct position

Sewing Machine needle not in correct position

My sewing machine needle position is not in the place it should be. If I put it to the right it hits the foot, if I put it in the middle spot it goes what should be right position. I cannot zigzag. Is there a way I can correct this or do I need to take it to repairman?
    Jothesewer

Something has gone out of adjustment internally. You didn't say what kind of machine it is, but I'd suggest a repairman. They can be quite complicated inside.

Joe

Power Poster
    It would help if you know the make and model. Some old machine do not thread from front to back like modern machines but sideways I think.

My machine is a Kenmore made by Janome it is about 5 years old. I don't know how this happened.
    Jothesewer.

Blog Entries
    It sounds like it is out-of-time. Not a hard fix but should be a sewing machine repairman. Good luck!
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

I've repaired a few machines with this issue, but I wouldn't suggest you go at it, unless you know what you're doing or at least have a service manual for that machine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jothesewer View Post
    My sewing machine needle position is not in the place it should be. If I put it to the right it hits the foot, if I put it in the middle spot it goes what should be right position. I cannot zigzag. Is there a way I can correct this or do I need to take it to repairman?
    Jothesewer
    can you show a picture of your machine?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Probably a similar problem to the one that plagues my Dressmaker 7000 machine. I think I posted these pics before but I didn't bookmark the thread and I'm not gonna take the time to search for them.

Just like Jothesewer's machine when this one was set on "L" it hit the foot or the needle plate. When on "C" it parked to the left. This machine is NOT supposed to park to the left when the needle position lever is on C.

Joethesewer, here is a pic of the insides of these machines. They can get complicated so that's why I suggested taking it to a repairman.

Joe
    Last edited by J Miller; 08-17-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks for your suggestions, I took it to my machine repairman this morning. Thought I may do more harm if I tried fixing it myself, not in my capability.
    Jothesewer

Let us know what the problem was. Now she will be all cleaned up and ready to make lots of quilts.
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast