Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sewmor 202 ?

Sewmor 202 ?

At the junk shop today I looked at a Sewmor 202, a pretty blue machine in a blond cabinet with manuals and attachment s. Price on her is $30. I don't know anything about these, looking for info. If I got it and wanted to keep it, I'd have to sell my 66 for space.
    I like the blue of the sewmor. Any thoughts?

They are one of the best clones in my opinion. Joe is the resident Sewmor Collector/guru

For $30 you better get right back there ..

By looking at Joe's photos I'd guess it's made by Toyota, I have a Toyota treadle machine, hate to say this, It's a better machine than a singer ..

here's joe's thread

Another SEWMOR to my collection, a blue 202

Yep, my blue SEWMOR 202 is a Toyota. It's a really nice machine, quite and smooth. I wouldn't get rid of the 66 for it, I'd make room for it. At that price you can't go wrong. Joe
    I love the old iron and wood machines. They're solid and reliable.
    Founder of IAAA - I Am An Anachronism .

A local quilter bought it. Ill get to hear her report on how it runs. It's fun to see the old machines and learn about them even if I don't bring them home. I get to make friends with people who love and know about the oldies. Thanks all for your input here. It would've been neat to have a Toyota made machine. Hubby thinks so too, he is a toyota lift technician. I'm waiting to see what the junk shop man brings out on Saturday, I might be the only shopper who has been poking around in the warehouse and knows he's got machines stashed up high.

SEWMOR 202 Manual?

Hi there, as a connoisseur of Sewmor machines, would you happen to have a manual for the 202 you'd be willing to share or sell? I just bought one and the lady who sold it to me was very helpful but lives about 30 minutes away in another state so it's not very convenient when it comes to troubleshooting things like "it's not laying down stitches... do I have it threaded wrong"? I found a couple videos on YouTube but they are poor quality and lack detail. Any help would be appreciated!

If no one replies with a manual, I'd ask at:

you'll have to join and get a yahoo ID, and will take a couple of days. However they have a pretty good collection of manuals. I'm assuming you've googled for it.
    bkay

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Hi there, as a connoisseur of Sewmor machines, would you happen to have a manual for the 202 you'd be willing to share or sell? I just bought one and the lady who sold it to me was very helpful but lives about 30 minutes away in another state so it's not very convenient when it comes to troubleshooting things like "it's not laying down stitches... do I have it threaded wrong"? I found a couple videos on YouTube but they are poor quality and lack detail. Any help would be appreciated!
    It looks like a Japanese 15 clone - try http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...ion-manual.pdf

Janey, Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey & John