Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: She's done!

Blog Entries
    Wow love the way they shine!!! I am especially interested to know what you did on the treadle to refinish it to that color and the how you got the black to shine like new. I inherited my great grandma's treadle as i have shared but afraid to let hubby do anything to the cabinet but it could sure use something to moisturize her she is a bit dry and pale and that is expected since she was made/sold in 1894 and still works but as i said she is a bit dried up and pale.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva1 View Post
    From this..... Attachment 390064 To this.....Attachment 390066

From this..... Attachment 390067 To this.....Attachment 390068

From this.....Attachment 390069 To this..... Attachment 390070

We'll put her new belt on her tomorrow afternoon. And only one wood screw left over in the bucket!
    Oh man way to go that sure does look fantastic now.Give your self a great big hug.It is just awesome to see thing come to life again.
    Singer 110 , Singer 7422,Singer AH458923, Singer AD075758, Singer 5528 Singer AE234907, Universal H300795 Kenmore 158.16540, Necchi 3354, Dressmaker S2402, Signature 103-303340, BICOR VX1005

Meow, Meow - I don't know if what I did to the treadle base is recommended or not. We took it apart as much as we could. I took it outside and washed it with warm water and car wash detergent using a sponge and soft bristle brush. Rinsed it with a hose and then we dried it off. Left it to sit in the basement overnight. Next day I put painters tape around the area where the pitman attaches and also around the other joints (don't know what it's called). Sprayed it with two coats of flat black Rustoleum and one coat of glossy Professional Rustoleum. I did put two coats of the glossy on the pedal. The machine itself I followed Glenn's tutorial best I could. It's not perfect but I'm happy.

WOW, Awesome job on the machine and cabinet!
    Grinster.....
    Be proud of who you are and what you do. You define the things around you-things will never define you.

i took my grandma's treadle cabinet to a pro antique refinisher's to be spruced up and they also stripped and painted the irons black, then did the Singer logo in gold. i think what you did was just right. it looks beautiful.

I found the perfect chair yesterday. It needs some refinishing but will have to wait until spring when the temps are more consistent. I'm hoping the chair is from the same time period or close to it.
    Name:  IMG_1677.JPG
Views: 24
Size:  73.7 KB

Great restoration, unless I saw the photos I would have a difficult time believing its the same machine.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7