Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Shocking Featherweight Question

Blog Entries
    When I go to my sister's to sew she always lets me use her featherweight, I keep telling her and her husband that every once in awhile I get a tingly feeling on the side of my arm that rests on the machine, they don't seem to think it anything, my sister says it never happens to her. I am taking my own machine from now on. I thought maybe the ground fault was not grounded correctly since it is in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    My Featherweight gives me a tingly feeling every time I use her!! Really! I sent her to repair man, replaced rubber feet, and still I get shocked from the touch. DH thinks it is a grounding problem, does anyone here have any ideas? The cord is in good shape, but does not have the grounding point on it. I love the machine, but it scares me!!! Please help!!
    Graham Forsdyke's website shows some electrical disasters on a Featherweight.

http://www.singer-featherweight.com/...tdisaster.html

Blog Entries
    OK, I am convinced. I will not use it again until checked out.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    OK, I am convinced. I will not use it again until checked out.
    Whew! Glad to hear that! My FW has been in "time out" for awhile due to the tingling. May you get your issue resolved soon.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3