Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer 177c

Blog Entries

Singer 177c

I found this lovely machine at an estate sale marked 1/2 price at $25. I haven't been able to find much about this machine so to my experts on QB I go. This machine is beige in color with a rough texture but nice an shiny. No manual or accessories. It has a vertical feed bobbin and is quite heavy so I think it must be an all metal machine. The cabinet is in fairly good condition and the foot control looks to be fairly new. I guess I figured if the machine turned out to be a bummer at least the foot control and cabinet are worth the $25.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Nice machine.

According to ISMACS { http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ist/index.html },
    data page { http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...s-100-199.html },
    it is a domestic ZZ machine, made in Brazil, and it uses the 15x1 needles. Made from 1970 to 1974.

I like it. I can be treadled too.

Joe

Interesting machine.

CD in Oklahoma
    "I sew, I sew, so it's off to work I go!!!"
    ThayerRags Fabric Center
    http://thayerrags.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    I found this lovely machine at an estate sale marked 1/2 price at $25. I haven't been able to find much about this machine so to my experts on QB I go. This machine is beige in color with a rough texture but nice an shiny. No manual or accessories. It has a vertical feed bobbin and is quite heavy so I think it must be an all metal machine. The cabinet is in fairly good condition and the foot control looks to be fairly new. I guess I figured if the machine turned out to be a bummer at least the foot control and cabinet are worth the $25.
    are those your machines on the last picture. i like the one next to the 177.

Cabin at the lake.. on my way to Brunswick as soon as the house is complete
    Nice, you have the best luck finding cool machines. Also like the one next to it.

Linda
    Linda K Stafford

"Wag more - Bark less"

Wine is the Answer.....What is the Question????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vmaniqui View Post
    are those your machines on the last picture. i like the one next to the 177.
    Yes, those are my machines. The small one is a Singer 24 sometimes referred to as "the hatter" I guess because they made hats with it. The other is a Singer red eye Model 66 that I am going to turn into a hand crank.

you've got nice machines. have not seen a 24 just now. i am also trying to get a treadle and in between the singer or white rotary as there so much inventory of white rotary treadle here. but i do prefer the singer brand.