Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Singer 191J vintage sewing machine

This is a great source of information.Can anyone tell me how much would this machine cost? To buy or sell it.
    Thanks

I have the same machine its superb good luck just put a 150 watts new generation motor 9000 rpm and this baby will sew just about everything, giid luck,

cheers
    Mike

Your Canadian Singer

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    I would be happy to scan the manuals and share. Give me a day or two to get it done. I'd love to see pictures of yours (before and after). Are you having it painted too? He does such wonderful paint jobs.
    Hello Dunster
    I have just acquired the Japanese counterpart to your machine(191U) but it did not come with a manual. Would kindly consider emailing me a copy of your scanned manual?
    Also, do you happen to know the belt type for this machine as mine came with a rubber band folded over 4 times instead of a proper belt.
    Thanks a million!
    Kiku

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    I would be happy to scan the manuals and share. Give me a day or two to get it done. I'd love to see pictures of yours (before and after). Are you having it painted too? He does such wonderful paint jobs.
    Hi, I don't know if this post is still active but I would love it if you could email me the manual. My grand mother's sewing machine has been given to me and I don't know how to use it properly. It is a tan Singer 191J. My email is helenet76@hotmail.com. Thank you sooooo much!

That thing is a beast...never saw one before!

I am also wondering if this thread is alive (9 months later). I just recently bought a 191J with a cabinet and am looking for a manual to help with it. I purchased it to use in my garage as I got it for $20. I have read that it is a heavier duty machine so I am hoping thats true. If Dunster could PM me a copy that would be greatly appreciated. I will post a picture when I grab a couple.

Here are a couple of photos of my newly acquired 1954 191J.Name:  001 Resize.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  94.9 KBName:  002 Resize.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  68.2 KBName:  003 Resize.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  113.5 KBName:  004 Resize.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  90.2 KBName:  006 Resize.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  117.5 KBName:  013 Resize.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  107.5 KB