About 40 minutes ago I decided I was going to sew on my 301A. I also decided that I should oil it a bit because it's been sitting for over 6 months. Even took off the 'throat plate' and removed some lint.
After putting everything together and test sewing, I kept coming up with birdnests on the backside of my sewing sample.
Tried different things - but fast forward 30 minutes.
Finally looked up the following website
and found my answer under "To replace bobbin case" "CAUTION" section dealing with "R" and "O".
Found out I didn't line up that little 'position finger' in the notch! :thumbdown: - Didn't know about it either.
Mystery solved :thumbup:
Bookmarking this post for myself! :)