Singer 301 Bobbin

Old 02-15-2015, 07:30 PM

Default Singer 301 Bobbin

I have a black 301 that I found through Ebay last year. Took it into my local Singer dealer to check it out as I was having issues and when there found it was missing the bobbin case? So, this person tells me as about a month that he was having a difficult time finding a replacement. Finally found one and says they are hard to find but he did.

I have let this machine sit as I have other 301's to use and was busy with non sewing stuff

So, trying to use it today the thread gets stuck in the bobbin, otherwords hard to pull out or use ... any suggestions? Can a bobbin from any 301 be exchangeable?

Thank
Old 02-15-2015, 07:40 PM

You should be able to use any 301 bobbin and also any Featherweight bobbin. They are designed to be the same, but you might find a faulty one. Is your bobbin winder performing ok? Why would a thread be difficult to pull off a bobbin. Or is your bobbin in the bobbin case, and you find the thread difficult to pull out?
Old 02-15-2015, 08:47 PM

Yes, the bobbins and bobbin cases should be interchangeable in your 301s. In fact, that would be the easiest way to check your new machine ---take a bobbin case and bobbin from one you know works and put it in the new machine. Then you can take the new bobbin case and try it in a machine you know works. If the bobbin case still has problems, it's the case.

The newly manufactured bobbins and bobbin cases are notorious in that they often don't work well. What you want to try to find is an original or one that has been tested. The only place I'm aware of currently that has a supply of tested bobbin cases is Cindy Peters of "Stitches in Time." https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stitc...73087319370566 I haven't personally obtained any from her, but she's active in another group where I'm a member and seems to have many satisfied customers.

Good luck.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:46 PM

I found that I didnt have my needle positioned right for this problem, onc I turn it correctly...no more problem
Old 02-21-2015, 08:33 AM

The bobbin cases are all over eBay. They aren't inexpensive, though.

Could be the bobbin tension needs adjusting.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:53 AM

You can also check sew-classic.com they have all kinds of replacement things for vintage sewing machines. I am pretty sure that is the correct name if not I'm also sure someone else will chime in and give you the correct address. I'm surprised that this information wasn't made available to you during the auction process, generally they tell you if something is missing. Hope you get this resolved I just love my 301A machine.