Here is our latest machine.
We acquired the machine (hubby traded one of his swords for it) one weekend and the table (he traded an antique pistol) the following weekend at two different locations, both were at outdoor antique fairs.
I was looking for cams for my 500A Rocketeer at the first antique fair. I found nearly all the ones I needed and a professional buttonholer for the Rocketeer.
Hubby spied the 301. It needed a few parts but hubby didn't have much into the sword so we got a good deal.
We have replaced the needle plate, the bottom cover with the felt pad & screw, a complete hook assembly and a bobbin case.
The last part came today and then I attempted to put the hook assembly in and I knew it had to go in a certain way. Oh, I had to replace a gib screw for the gib which is part of the hook assembly. The man I purchased the gib screw from deals with Featherweights and 301s. I just called him and asked him if he would talk me through putting the hook assembly in. First time the needle hit, so I knew I hadn't seated the assembly correctly on the shaft. The second time, it went on like it was suppose to. I must admit I did say a prayer the second time before putting it back on.
I haven't named her yet. All I know is that this machine was the dirtiest machine I have ever cleaned. Must have belonged to a smoker, but once the tar and nicotine was off she shined up nice.
For now she sits in our living room ready to sew, near the Rocketeer and some of the other machines we have. It's getting crowded in here and we just rearranged the living room to accomodate the Rocketeer. lol
Thank you everyone for looking.
Blessings to all,