Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer 301a - new electronic footpedal?

Singer 301a - new electronic footpedal?

Has anyone changed out the original Singer footpedal on their 301A to the new style electronic one?

I am just learning FMQ'ing and the original foot gets hot after a while....... I'm thinking the new style won't do that plus the new style might give me a little bit better control of the motor speed.

You could always change it for the electronic while you FMQ and when you are in a vintage mood change it back to the older one.

I have changed out one old style controller for the new electronic style. The electronic unit came from Sew-Classic and was quite easy to wire in.
    It's not a quick change swap with those S-C sells, though it might be with other brands.

I like the way the controller works, it controls the machine's speed slowly and surely as you push down on the pedal. What I don't like is that it's made from cheap plastic and has no weight or substance to it.

Joe

Sew- Classic.com will wire them for you for under $10. You probably need a new wire and they have them too. My 301 also gets hot and I won't hesitate a minute to get one of their electronic controllers. It worked well on my 221.
    My husband wired it for me, but it was more detailed than I would tackle on my own. You may be braver. If you ask, they can send you a wiring diagram along with the parts, if you don't have them do it. Jennie is very helpful and they are in Ohio. They ship quickly. A good place to shop for parts.