Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer 66 Birthdate 1911, motorized in the 1960's

Singer 66 Birthdate 1911, motorized in the 1960's

Here is another Singer 66 I found that is being sold the same seller as the Singer 66 Treadle I posted earlier. This one works and seems to be in rough shape. Opinions and price point is appreciated, she is requesting "any fair and reasonable offer into consideration" Works.Attachment 311149Name:  340367_150920395026346_100003251588015_185867_1883289927_o.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  248.4 KBThanks again and again for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by pinkberrykay; 02-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Beautiful machine!

Blog Entries
    Kay, that's not a 66, it looks like a 127 to me... (full size, shuttle bobbin, high bobbin winder). All of the Model 66 machines have a round bobbin...you can tell the shuttle machines from the slide plates.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Weird, this is where I got the info on the model, thefeatherweight221factory.com Serial Number G9852752. She must have the serial number wrong. Looks like I will have to take a road trip downstate to see these beauties in person.
    G-

January 16

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Kay, that's not a 66, it looks like a 127 to me... (full size, shuttle bobbin, high bobbin winder). All of the Model 66 machines have a round bobbin...you can tell the shuttle machines from the slide plates.

Blog Entries
    I just ran into that with my "new" 115...the charts on ISMACS say it's a model 25 (? Not sure I remember that right) but it's obviously a 115...

Roadtrips are fun...especially if on your way home you turn in your see or peer into the rearview mirror and see that there's a machine following you!! ~grin~
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I agree with Charlee. I looked on the Singer Comprehensive Serial Number site and according to the serial number the machine is a 127-3 allotted 2/23/1923 at St. Johns.
    Sweet Caroline

Thank you so much for directing me in the right direct Caroline, I did find it on that site and will bookmark for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    I agree with Charlee. I looked on the Singer Comprehensive Serial Number site and according to the serial number the machine is a 127-3 allotted 2/23/1923 at St. Johns.

Blog Entries
    Good Lord! I am FULL of typos today!! Sorry!

I have asked the seller additional questions and although she has posted a comment on her pictures she has not directly answered all of my questions regarding the accessories. All I know is that the top for the 127 is missing but can be find and is in really bad shape. I have no I idea if the 127 has a bobbin holder or not and if it even comes with any accessories. At this rate I am thinking of offering her $75 for both the Treadle Red Eye and the 127.

She did mention she will be up in my area the first weekend of March but I will be at a quilting retreat down sate. Maybe I can have DH meet up with her if I decide to buy

Blog Entries
    BTW- the shuttles are available for the 127 & 128, they cost from $33 to 39.50 depending on which site you order from and the shipping costs are still more. You are lucky that you have both needle plates, because they are not being made anymore. There are places that call a plate a front and it is really a back plate. I ran into that trouble myself. the bobbins for the shuttles are bring reproduced and are not really expensive.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue