Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 66 Repaint For Sale.....SOLD >

Singer 66 Repaint For Sale.....SOLD

Singer 66 Repaint For Sale.....SOLD

Old 08-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Billy,
It will have to wait until my ankle is fully healed and rehabbed(is that a word? lol). I broke my right ankle 3 weeks ago. Could you paint it in a royal purple?
Thanks,
Sharon
Old 08-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Billy,
It will have to wait until my ankle is fully healed and rehabbed(is that a word? lol). I broke my right ankle 3 weeks ago. Could you paint it in a royal purple?
Thanks,
Sharon
Yes I can I know just about the color your wanting and its almost a deep candy Purple!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:34 PM

Billy,
That sounds heavenly!
Sharon W.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Banned

You know how folks are always turning the machines into tractors?

Well I have a 99 that will be JD Green as soon as it gets here!! But this one you will be able to sew on and its for the lovely lady that bought the Blue 66!!

You do know I am having more fun doing these dont you......My 2 favorite things painting and sewing machines, it doesnt get any better than this!!

Billy
Old 08-09-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Way to go Billy! You can see me here jumping up and down with a HOOT! HOOT! for you! I will be your personal cheerleader, but you really don't need one. Your work speaks for itself.

OH, OH! what is in round 2? Painting another? Is it a featherweight in orange maybe? <grin>
66-1 Painted Hot Pink and a violet pearl mid coat.

Billy
cant wait to see pics of these i bet they are even more beautiful than the blue please keep posting ur pics i would like to see pics of before u start just curious to see how bad of shape some people dont know what jewels these are
Old 08-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Banned

I will do!! In fact I will start a thread on the Pink 66 as soon as I get around to taking photos.

Billy
Old 08-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Ok, I gotta ask... Have you ever done one in that color changing paint? The stuff that flips green to purple, depending on how the light hits it? I'd love to see a picture of that. I've got an old machine at home, not a singer, not worth much, but I might consider painting it like that.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rachel
Ok, I gotta ask... Have you ever done one in that color changing paint? The stuff that flips green to purple, depending on how the light hits it? I'd love to see a picture of that. I've got an old machine at home, not a singer, not worth much, but I might consider painting it like that.
Rachael, they have around 35 or 40 different color shift paints out there believe it or not. Check out the PPG web site or Dupont. The Dupont line is called Chrome illusion and I cant remember what PPG calls theirs.

The one that your talking about was the first type that was out there. I did a bike in a color shift that went from Silver to Pink, it looked really good after it was done.

Billy