Last month I thought I would like to make a quilt on my Singer 66 Redeye that I learned to sew on. So I ordered a new belt, bobbins, and needles. My husband put on the belt oiled it up. It worked like a charm! Until this morning I have the quilt about half quilted and the tension has gone whacko. The bottom tension is way too tight or the top is way too loose. I have played with it for about an hour and a half and think I have it where it will be pretty good so I am going to hurry and finish it today. But I wonder if the weather affects the tension. When I started it was hot and dry and now it is a little damper and cooler. I don't have A/C. Anyway, wish me luck!