Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Singer 99

Blog Entries

Singer 99

I saw a picture of this machine on Craigs list...it was just like the one that I purchased around 1958....at the time I turned down the Featherweight because it looked like a toy....anyway the 99 served me well for years and years, finally being traded for a new Singer touch and sew which always provided plenty of problems...and was eventuallyreplaced by a Bernina 1230 in the late 80's....The case on this machine is in terrible shape, torn covering, and actually coming apart on the bottom...but the machine is almost pristine...not even any lint or dust...really a mystery how it stayed so nice while the case around it fell apart...there is a sticker of a sew/vac place that is long since gone one the back...perhaps the owner of the machine had it serviced and then never sewed with it again...Anyway it is fun to see and use it again...I certainly didn't need it in the same room with the Bernina, Pfaff and Babylock and a new Horizon which has been ordered to replace the Pfaff Smarter which is not user friendly for arthritic hands...I'm happy and I think $60 and delivered to my door was a fair price. ...Hattie

Blog Entries
    I'm really happy for you! I hope we'll get to see a picture of her soon!
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

Blog Entries
    I have a 99 and a Spartan which is similar - very nice little machines.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Congrats. enjoy!

I have my grandmother's 99, a Spartan and a 185J. I love all my little 3/4s!

Pat

Blog Entries
    does anyone have an idea of what to do with the case that is acturally falling apart on the bottom and with the covering which is completely gone in some places? I was thinking about regluing the joints and recovering the base with fabric...I think the cover can be cleaned up enough if I ever want to carry the machine somewhere...unlikely...

Blog Entries
    Hattie, check with our "resident" woodworker, Glenn. (That's his board name too) It sounds to me like you've already got a good plan for the base tho!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    thanks to all who responded...I'll post a picture...Hattie

I'm not sure if the person who posted this one is demented or was terribly mislead by someone ....or maybe it is solid gold under the black enamel????
    http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ336126597

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCDA View Post
    I'm not sure if the person who posted this one is demented or was terribly mislead by someone ....or maybe it is solid gold under the black enamel????
    http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ336126597
    Oh people are just soooo goofy!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast