Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer 99 missing the bobbin cover

Singer 99 missing the bobbin cover

I need to buy a bobbin cover for the Singer 99. I bought a Singer 99 at a tag sale. It looks like it was never used, but it is missing the bobbin cover. I found them on Ebay, but some come with the spring, and some don't. I see the the bar in the machine, but am thinking of how to attach it. Is there something that is supposed to be attached to the cover? Also the cover is missing one of the latches. Is it fixable?

The bobbin cover or slide plate does not have anything attached to it. There are groves on the back to slide over a spring that is attached to the machine in a grove at the left end of the bobbin compartment.

Sew-Classic has the cover, the spring and screw if you need them.
    { http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Plat...Plates_c14.htm }

These slide plates slide onto the spring from the RIGHT to the LEFT. Once on they will not slide off, you have to push them to the right as you lift the edge to clear the needle plate and feed dogs. Remove the needle first.

The latches can be had at most any hardware store, but they might not be the same size as the originals.

Joe

Muv
    Hello Barri,

If you go to my Youtube channel (link below) you will see that I have done a video about bobbin plates for Singer 99s. You should find it easier to sort the whole thing out once you have seen the video.

Thanks a lot for the great advice. I will order the piece. Otherwise the machine hums. It is a pretty machine. Still have to hit Lowes, or Home Depot for a latch..