Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Singer 99K-13, Pristine

  1. #21
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,753
    Agree with Miriam about Sew-Classic. Will add that if the spool pin is not loose, they can be straightened.

    Joe

  2. #22
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,825
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Agree with Miriam about Sew-Classic. Will add that if the spool pin is not loose, they can be straightened.

    Joe
    I have straightened spool pins by placing an old thread spool on the pin and tapping it with a rubber mallet. But a nice new one is nicer.
    Sweet Caroline

  3. #23
    Senior Member csharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Newly @ Southwest Florida
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Some Triflow will take off the tape goo. Looks like a pretty one!!!
    Sooo Ms Miriam....I just got a 99K today at a local flea mkt...Happy to have it and am cleaning it...but what kind of Triflow are you all using??? I neverheard of it except on here and when I googled it there are several products. Where do you get it and what product do you use on these machines?? Thanks for your response
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

  4. #24
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp View Post
    Sooo Ms Miriam....I just got a 99K today at a local flea mkt...Happy to have it and am cleaning it...but what kind of Triflow are you all using??? I neverheard of it except on here and when I googled it there are several products. Where do you get it and what product do you use on these machines?? Thanks for your response
    Congrats on the 99 - nice little machines - great for teaching kidos and they are a work horse of a little machine... I buy what ever Triflow Sew-Classic has - the grease gets used on gears and the oil on all the moving parts. Shake it well. It has teflon in it. Sewing machine oil these days has paraffin - Glenn recommends clock oil - he is into old clocks as well as old sewing machines. Sew-classic has some info on the Triflow as well as a better price than your local bicycle shop. I would not use the T-F spray.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  5. #25
    Senior Member csharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Newly @ Southwest Florida
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Congrats on the 99 - nice little machines - great for teaching kidos and they are a work horse of a little machine... I buy what ever Triflow Sew-Classic has - the grease gets used on gears and the oil on all the moving parts. Shake it well. It has teflon in it. Sewing machine oil these days has paraffin - Glenn recommends clock oil - he is into old clocks as well as old sewing machines. Sew-classic has some info on the Triflow as well as a better price than your local bicycle shop. I would not use the T-F spray.
    Thanks you, another question on the 99's...do ALL low shank Singer attachments work with this...I have featherweight attachments that look like they would work, but comparing the presserfoot I can see a small difference...but one is a 1938...the 99 a 54..also have seen on ebay the snap on adjustment package with lots of low shank feet...does anyone know or have used this on the older singers???
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

  6. #26
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp View Post
    Thanks you, another question on the 99's...do ALL low shank Singer attachments work with this...I have featherweight attachments that look like they would work, but comparing the presserfoot I can see a small difference...but one is a 1938...the 99 a 54..also have seen on ebay the snap on adjustment package with lots of low shank feet...does anyone know or have used this on the older singers???
    I have found all but the newer low shank attachments should work. Yup the older ones are made a bit different. Use what you are comfortable with.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  7. #27
    Super Member nygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,275
    Beautiful machine and yet with all the accessories!! Wonderful.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

    Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.