Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: singer 99k question

singer 99k question

I was told that you cannot use this machine on a table top. It didn't come in a case and has no bottom attached,
    I wanted to see if it worked, it is sitting on a towel on my dining room table. I have a small cabinet I'm hoping it will
    fit into, its an antique eagle treadle cabinet but I'd like to make sure it works before I try to get it in the cabinet.
    Thanks for your help!

Thread it and rotate the handwheel manually to make the stitches. If it picks up the bobbin thread and stitches fine, you're good to go.

Thanks! I'm excited to sew on her!

Blog Entries
    I had a hand crank sewing machine when I was a kid. My mom who is not truly handy, made a very rough frame out of 2X4s 4 boards and 8 nails. Not much to it or you can go elaborate. Some of those old sewing machines need some sort of frame or case or cabinet - Those 99s for sure need some kind of base.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by kat13 View Post
    I was told that you cannot use this machine on a table top. It didn't come in a case and has no bottom attached,
    I wanted to see if it worked, it is sitting on a towel on my dining room table. I have a small cabinet I'm hoping it will
    fit into, its an antique eagle treadle cabinet but I'd like to make sure it works before I try to get it in the cabinet.
    Thanks for your help!
    I have a 99K too. It's not a full size machine, it's a 3/4 size. It will not fit into a regular cabinet and has to sitting up a bit in a case for the undercarriage to work! I also have a 185K and it is the same way. It will not work if it is sitting on a table top.