Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer fashion flair 252

Blog Entries

Singer fashion flair 252

This machine came home with me yesterday from a local thrift shop I don,t know why I buy these old machines, except they fascinate me...I love the study,II metal, heavy parts.I downloaded the manual....it make the operations easy to understand and the diagrams easy to understand.....I actually could do all my sewing on this machine and maybe not have the frustrating experiences that often occurr with my new computerized machines....It is a lot of fun for me to clean up, oil and play with old machines,don,t you agree?(sorry about the typos)...Hattie

I too love the vintage machines and have learned how to do minor repairs and maintenance-----such a joy to me to bring them back from "boat anchers". At a Red Hat lunch the other day, someone said "I have never heard of anyone collecting sewing machines!" I feel sorry for them....teehee

I could do 99.5% of what sewing I need to do with a straight stitch machine.
    Of the other .5%, .3% can be done with a simple ZZ machine. The remaining .2% requires a machine that can do decorative stitches.
    Those are covered by our machines that use cams. I have no use for computerized plastic wannabee machines.

I also rescue old machines that are destined for the recyclers or dumpster. Bring them back to life and then use them or rehome them to someone who can appreciate them.

I enjoy it.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Right on !

Blog Entries
    Collecting machines is a little difficult to explain....except to other collectors of thousand different things....salt and peppers,Avon bottles, figurines,....etc....finding a "treasure" is great fun....

Blog Entries
    I feel the same way. I love to take them apart and oil, lube, clean the outside etc. My friends think I've gone off the deep end.ha. who cares!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    I feel the same way. I love to take them apart and oil, lube, clean the outside etc. My friends think I've gone off the deep end.ha. who cares!
    I feel sorry for those friends who let someone else do their thinking...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill