Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer model #?

Singer model #?

My girlfriend picked this up for me at a yard sale...just feeding the monster! lol
    $20 and a bentwood case with the key! Score!
    Just not sure what the model is...the base is only about 13" so I'm guessing a 99? It has the bullet bobbin case. I love the grape leaf design on the faceplate. It works, my BF had to try it, cracked wiring and all...it's like telling a child not to touch a hot stove!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Any day spent quilting is a good day!
    Judy

If I can read the serial number correctly - it's listed as a 27K ... but it's a 3/4 machine which would make it a 28 or a 128 ... I lean toward 128 (based on location of the bobbin winder). The 27 was a full size machine (15").

Definitely not a 99 ... 99's are rotary bobbins.

It's possible that the model number on the ISMACS list is wrong (been known to happen), but I think the year of manufacture is correct, which is 1904.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Muv
    Hello Judy,

It's a 128. The way to tell the difference between a 128 and a 28 is to see if there is a thumb tab below the tension discs. Only the 28 has the thumb tab.

So far as I can see on the photo, the serial number starts with JC, which gives the year 1948.

Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    So far as I can see on the photo, the serial number starts with JC, which gives the year 1948.
    Ahah ... I was reading it as J0 (zero). I thought it looked far too good for a 1904!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Don't you just LOVE the scroll face plate? It's in great shape. Congrats! Now you'll have to read up on how to clean and oil it. You can download a free manual here:

http://sewing-machines.blogspot.com/...e-manuals.html

Definitely worth $20.