Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer Treadle Machine

Singer Treadle Machine

Pictures came back ver poorly. I am 500 miles from this machine. It looks like it might be an electric concert. It has a eounded box for a lid. Looks like some gold on the black part of the machine. Serial # AC058550. Can anyone give me some information about this machine and what it might be worth? Thanks
    Be an organ donor
    Give your heart to Jesus

Blog Entries
    If the machine is a Singer, then it's a 1928 model 99... I wouldn't pay the shipping or drive for it...They're worth about $50 at best.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    It seems to me that if You like it , its worth more than someone that doesn't like it. Make sense? Any way if you want it then its worth more than it would be to someone that doesn't want it. IMHO
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

I would be buying it as a favor to a friend of my son's who wants it out of his house. I have only seen pictures......but not very good ones. Just wondering how much I should offer him.
    Be an organ donor
    Give your heart to Jesus

Blog Entries
    As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If it is pretty to you and this friend is one whom you want to help, by all means give the machine a home. Too many get put in the dump, or made into tractors!
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

On the other hand, if you have an opportunity to buy a 3/4 size treadle, which it would be since it has a 99 in it, you should jump at the chance. The smaller size treadle bases are exceedingly rare, and usually go for about $300.