Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Source for old machines...

Source for old machines...

I am not sure how many of you know about this, I have not been on in a while so I am catching up here. I dont have a vintage machine myself but have found several old ones for sale at this site and wanted to pass the information on to someone that might use it. It is www.shopgoodwill.com. I have been watching it for a while now and there have been several "Featherweights" for sale there. Not knowing a lot about them myself I have not bought one but for someone that knows their stuff there might be a good deal. I just wanted to pass that on. Also, lots of crafting items there from quilting to cross stitch and crochet and knitting. Have fun and let me know if you find something good. I also like hand painted items, plates and such and found a beautiful hand painted baverian covered bowl in perfect condition on this site and won the auction for just $32.00. The shipping is a little high on some things but there are some bargains too. Have fun!!!!
    My son came up with this one.... "You can't escape the LONGARM of a quilter...."

Blog Entries
    Thanks!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Well over half the machines that live here came from Good Will auctions. Too much of a candy store that's for sure.

Joe

I too just began searching @ Goodwill for a FW. They need better photos & info but they are less than Ebay.

I have never used the auction site, but have purchased three vintage machines from local Goodwill stores since January.
    401A in wonderful table ($30.00); 185J (green) in table ($15.00) and hubby just brought home a Kenmore in table(model 153.14300 ($30.00.) I wish I had been with him because me thinks he paid too much, especially since that one had been in the store for two months. Now my Featherweight 221 (1951 Centennial) has three new friends. My mother gave her to me in 1959 and she is still so precious as the day I got her. Still on the lookout for a Red Eye or anything else that looks promising at a decent price.
    Kitsy

They have what appears to be a baby featherweight with 5 days to go: http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9614932

Blog Entries
    Prices are less than E-bay,
    BUT
    they charge a Handing Fee + the shipping
    that sometimes make the item toooo expensive.
    They also do not take returns.
    J J

Blog Entries
    I bought 2 machines from shopgoodwill.com. One came packaged very well, the other was literally thrown into a box that was too large with just loosely crumpled up paper, and was slightly damaged during it's trip to me. But I love the 2 machines I got, and the prices were reasonable. I do look there nearly every day...never know when the next little gem will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
    They have what appears to be a baby featherweight with 5 days to go: http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9614932
    It's a regular Featherweight and at a good price so far.
    Karen in Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
    It's a "real" FW, and it's also a Centennial-badged one. So if you get it, you "done good"!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast