Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: sources for parts, please?

sources for parts, please?

i have a friend with an aging machine that needs a replacement needle plate. i need suggestions for reliable folks i can refer her to. i know i've bookmarked some, but....i've lost them in the shuffle to the new board.

suggestions, please? i wish i could find those bookmarks, but i know there are those of you who have dealt with reliable folks in the past.

help?!

thank you!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/sin...sser-feet.aspx

You might give this one a try. I've used them before and was very pleased with the product and service.

What make and model of sewing machine does your friend own?
    Sweet Caroline

www.Sew-classic.com has a lot of parts, and when I ordered from them, I got the parts really fast, less than a week.

On the other hand, my order from "My sewing machine parts" that I placed on July 9th is STILL not here. Doubt I'll be ordering from them again.

www.sew-classic.com is wonderful...I order from Jenny all the time and have always been satisfied.
    Lynn

I would recomend www.sew-classic.com also. I have ordered from there a couple of times and I am very pleased with the fast service. There is also a lot of good information on her site. And she is very good about answering questions.

Colleen

thank you, all of you--i really don't know what kind of machine she has--she resurrects it every few years, when she needs it for "emergency" work for her business. she is a potter, and is in the process of making a banner for her booth at the local renaissance festival. (she made reference to having used a little "percussive repair" on the needle plate--i suspect that means she whacked it flatter with a hammer...)

she is off, looking at the suggested places. again--thank you!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

I ordered twice from sewclassic twice trying to get a belt to fit my Vandervoort, singer clone and two sizes that should have fit, did not the stretch belt did. The service is quick.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Try Guy Baker at http://www.sewingmachineparts.net/ Honest and very helpful.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel