Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12

Thread: Sticking my toe in the waters of Vintage Sewing Machines

Thanks Leolady. Yes, it's a great machine. Heck, they're all great, in their own way.

what a beaut!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
    I finally moved my Franklin back into its parlor cabinet yesterday. I had needed some repairs after I brought it into the house. The cabinet has been in my living room, next to the couch for a while and I finally decided they needed to be reunited. It looks so charming sitting there next to the couch.

The tension check spring (is that right?) was stretched out and I wasn't sure I could fix it, but with the help of a tutorial I found online, I took it apart and looked it over. I was told it couldn't be done, but I wrapped it around a pen and used pliers to bend it back into shape. Put it back together and it works!
    I just acquired one like this with the scarab design in the cabinet with all original accessesories yet I am finding it quite difficult to find a manufacture year. All i can pin down is that it was made somewhere between 1877 and 1910 - I've only found two pictures online of the "exact" style I have..one is listed as 1877 the other 1910. Yet their asking prices are FAR more than I paid. ( thankfully!) any information you or anyone else may have would be appreciated! I have managed to get the serial number off it..but cannot find a database to research it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12