Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: table for featherweight question

table for featherweight question

I just bought another featherweight with the "card table". My problem is the fact that the piece that fits on the table when you aren't using the featherweight it missing. Could an insert be made for it? I haven't really looked at the table yet so I don't know if it should have some type of latch to hold the piece in place or not. Any advice to help me would be appreciated.

Rarely but it sometimes happens, you can find just the insert on ebay. You could have one made using the cut out as a template. But it wouldn't match the wood grain.

You could have one made by a local woodworker. The original tables had a serial number stamped on both the insert and the table so you know they were a set.

There is a man that goes to the bigger quilt shows that makes new featherweight tables. I think he is from Illinois, I want to say around mid state. Maybe someone else can recall his website.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Is this the link?

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
    There is a man that goes to the bigger quilt shows that makes new featherweight tables. I think he is from Illinois, I want to say around mid state. Maybe someone else can recall his website.
    Is this the person you were thinking of? http://www.jslyle.com/model221.htm