Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Table for vintage machines

Table for vintage machines

I was gifted this table from a lady that had basically been shafted out of her vintage Viking by a her local repair place:< I feel sorry she lost her machine, but am thrilled to have this table. It's very portable and easy for me to handle and am looking forward to taking it to sew days. It was so nice of her to give it to me. Although she owned it for her vintage Viking, it will work on quite a few of my other machines! Many of these tables were made for Elna as well. So, I have two Vintage Vikings, 2 Elnas and my Bernina that will fit in it. I was hoping my vintage Pfaffs would fit in it too, but they don't. The table is in great condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Oh, I love those tables! I've always wondered what machines they fit. Does yours have a label with a brand name or anything? And I've never seen one with a drawer too. Very cool ... it plays well with all your vintage machines. You are one lucky duck!
    Dorothy in PA

Candace,

Sorry to hear about the lady that got shafted out of her machine. People that do those kinds of things will get theirs when the karma comes around.

Now, my wife says she wants one of those tables. So now we're gonna have to be searching for something else. Oh boy.

She also made this request. Please post some pics of the table with out a machine in it, and folded up.

Thanks,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by totosmom View Post
    Oh, I love those tables! I've always wondered what machines they fit. Does yours have a label with a brand name or anything? And I've never seen one with a drawer too. Very cool ... it plays well with all your vintage machines. You are one lucky duck!
    Yes, I've seen quite a few of these without the drawer. I've only seen a very few of this type with a drawer for sale. There's a number underneath it. I'll have to report back with a few pics.

Although I have a slide on table for the Vikings and Bernina, I'm most excited to use it on the Elnas. The one negative for me with the two Elnas was the lack of bed space and the case that slides on the Supermatic is not great. It's not smooth, but a bumpy surface which isn't good for feeding fabric over. I think I'll use these machines much more with the flat surface and the machines dropped to a good, ergonomic position.

Here are some more photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Blog Entries
    So that's how they go...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I have the one without the drawer to fit my Elna exactly. Doesn't do a bad job of holding the 15 clone with the top folded back. Makes it nice height. You're stronger than I am if you consider it portable. Your blue machine is missing about as much paint as my Miss Elna. It just means they both worked long and hard on all kinds of things.

You have received a nice gift. Mine is from 1973 and is in perfect condition - I bought it because the Elna cabinet was too expensive at the time and I'd get it later. Uh, I think later won't be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    You're stronger than I am if you consider it portable. .
    I work out at the gym and lifting these vintage machines makes lifting this table a breeze:>

I used to have a table just like that for my Bernina 1031, wonderful thing.

Joe, we sold one at our quilt guild for $30, complete with chair. Try running an add in the local paper and hard telling what will come out of the woodwork. Congrats on you new 66.