Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
A thank you from Miriam's Kid's >

A thank you from Miriam's Kid's

A thank you from Miriam's Kid's

Old 11-16-2014, 08:20 PM

Default A thank you from Miriam's Kid's

First and foremost I want to apologize for this thank you taking so long. Caleb and I received yall's beautiful quilt. The love and affection I was felt as soon as I opened the box. I could feel the hugs as I snuggled with the quilt. It moved me to tears. Tears of love and happiness of course. Thank you all for the overwhelming outpour of love and blessings I cannot put into words what it meant to Caleb and I. We will forever be grateful for having people like yourselves in our lives. Thank you from the bottom of my heart
feeling Very blessed,
Ashlea Hawkins

And this is Caleb writing in.

A few years ago I was driving through my Mother's neighborhood headed home when I saw a sewing machine sticking up out of the trash... I called home and explained that I wasn't planning to pick it up but that there was what looked like a nice machine headed to the dump... The rest is history I suppose. Mom now fixes machines and from what I have gathered, helps a number of people with theirs.

When my wife went into the hospital in September things were rather crazy for weeks on end. Doctors and nurses coming and going every hour... IV's and pills, shots and scans. It was hectic to say the least... When Mom told me over the phone that a quilt was being crafted for Ashlea I never once thought something this wonderful would have gotten started! I am in deep appreciation of all the work and time that went into this masterpiece, and we will cherishing this for many years to come!

Thank you so much!

Old 11-17-2014, 06:19 AM

Ashlea and Caleb, you are an amazing couple. As I am a stroke survivor (1998), I can tell you that determination, courage, a good support system, and lots of love and patience is what it takes. And I seems that you have all of that and more. Isn't that a terrific quilt?! And all done for you with love and prayers for your recovery. Keep us posted as to your progress.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

Beautifully stated, Ashlea and Caleb. Glad to see you are doing so well. I'm thrilled to have been but a tiny part of this amazing collaboration.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:52 AM

Welcome aboard Ashlea and Caleb. Miriam has become a friend over the last year That I've been on the board. When I saw one of her family members having trouble I knew I wanted to do something. I just didn't know what. Roserips provided the idea of a quilt from the group here. Being the vintage part of the forum most of the blocks were made on machines older than many of us here. You'll see a few signed with which machine they were made with. The borders and sashing (the strips between the blocks) were all sewn on my 1908 Singer treadle.

Ashlea I'm glad to see you home and happy. Savannah seems pretty pleased too. I hope you and Caleb stick around or at least stop in here and visit every now and then. Also, enjoy your quilt. It's meant to be used.
Rodney
Old 11-17-2014, 08:10 AM

It was an honor and a pleasure to be included with those who contributed. Twice a day, I checked this thread to follow the progress and read all the posts from others.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:31 AM

This is wonderful. Ashlea and Caleb, best wishes as you enjoy your "quilt of love" as opposed to "quilt of valor" that many of us participate in through our guilds, etc. Your quilt is as lovely as I knew it would be when I first read of, and got ready to do my two blocks for you. I have really enjoyed this effort, and like others, have checked daily on progress, and waited anxiously for pictures and progress reports. You look real pretty, Ashlea, and is that your own special "healing" dog?
Old 11-17-2014, 08:53 AM

I'm happy to have been a small part of this lovely quilt. I hope it brings you warmth and joy every time you snuggle under it!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:23 AM

So glad to be a part of this nice quilt. It was my pleasure to add blocks. I am so happy you enjoy the quilt and I like the little friend in ayour arms.
Skip
Old 11-17-2014, 09:26 AM

You all did such a beautiful job on this very special quilt!
Old 11-17-2014, 10:29 AM

It was an honor and a pleasure to be included with those who made the blocks. Enjoy and hope you continue to heal. Looks if you and your new pet have bonded real well.